Is it normal?

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 8:07 pm
lijie318

My friend sent application to Hong Kong Consulate in 1999. After a couple of notices from
the consulate, he has not heard from the Consulate for 14 months. The Consulate did advise
him not to contact consulate for at least 16 months.

But many of his friends already got visas even with much later than his submission, but to
different consulates though.

It is now very close to that 16 months. He asks me what to do. I ask this forum: is it
normal for Hong Kong consualte? What he should do?

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 9:02 pm
James Metcalfe

It is very normal as many persons in cina apply now in HK instead of Beijing, He should
wait the 16 months wait another month and then fax.

Jim Metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer

> My friend sent application to Hong Kong Consulate in 1999. After a couple of notices
> from the consulate, he has not heard from the Consulate for 14 months. The Consulate did
> advise him not to contact consulate for at least 16 months.
>
> But many of his friends already got visas even with much later than his submission, but
> to different consulates though.
>
> It is now very close to that 16 months. He asks me what to do. I ask this forum: is it
> normal for Hong Kong consualte? What he should do?