Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Non british visa visitor for canada help plz

Wikiposts

Non british visa visitor for canada help plz

Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

painkil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non british visa visitor for canada help plz

Hi all,
am from Mauritius and am in uk on a student visa which ends sep 2006. I would like to go and visit Canada this year but I don`t know which document shall I bring and how much money will I need to prove. I have a letter of invitation from my partner from Montreal and if everything goes well I will extend my visa so that I can apply for inland sponsorship.
1.What documents will I need to provide?
2.Funds for my stay(if its for 6 months and sponsored by my partner)?

thank you in advance I hope you get time to reply it soon as am planning to go to the high commission office next friday, I`ve also booked a medical check for this friday.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:45 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non british visa visitor for canada help plz

If you are in UK then you'll be applying for visitor visa through CHC London:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/visitor/e_visit.htm

If you say that you have a partner in Canada and want to be sponsored inland then you won't get visitor visa. If you won't disclose it and get visa by omission or misrepresentation then you will not be eligible to be sponsored inland.

Originally Posted by painkil
Hi all,
am from Mauritius and am in uk on a student visa which ends sep 2006. I would like to go and visit Canada this year but I don`t know which document shall I bring and how much money will I need to prove. I have a letter of invitation from my partner from Montreal and if everything goes well I will extend my visa so that I can apply for inland sponsorship.
1.What documents will I need to provide?
2.Funds for my stay(if its for 6 months and sponsored by my partner)?

thank you in advance I hope you get time to reply it soon as am planning to go to the high commission office next friday, I`ve also booked a medical check for this friday.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

painkil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non british visa visitor for canada help plz

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you are in UK then you'll be applying for visitor visa through CHC London:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/visitor/e_visit.htm

If you say that you have a partner in Canada and want to be sponsored inland then you won't get visitor visa. If you won't disclose it and get visa by omission or misrepresentation then you will not be eligible to be sponsored inland.
yeah I know that but what happen if they don`t ask me for the inland application and I don`t say anything about it?, it will not be a misrepresentation, my trip to canada will be only consider as visitor then if I change my mind I can apply inland or return to mainland as said! I can`t see why they had a law about inland application if they don`t provide visas and I also know they are trying not make partner/spouse`s sponsor from outside canada!