Non Accompanying Children

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

alfiee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non Accompanying Children

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Might be worth pointing out to her that if (God forbid) the worst ever happens and she dies, unless the children go on your husband's PR application and have medicals, they'd not be able to come and live with their father. So would she be happy with them having to live with somebody else if she is no longer around to take care of them?
Good point.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfiee
Good point.
Bit of emotional blackmail never did any harm I say.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

bex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nice

Might be worth pointing out to her that if (God forbid) the worst ever happens and she dies, unless the children go on your husband's PR application and have medicals, they'd not be able to come and live with their father. So would she be happy with them having to live with somebody else if she is no longer around to take care of them?
FYI my husbands ex wife obviously looked into this because she held us over a barrel by saying the daughter could do the medical IF my husband gave her NEW husband Parental Responsibility for the daughter should something happen to her!!! Covered all her own bases! Yes, definitely a bit of emotional blackmail, but in the wrong direction!!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
on a side note, my best friend in vancouver married a kenyan with three children back home and they simply left them off the application. God forbid they ever needed to come in the event of emergency!!

1. Yes, and s/he just committed misrepresentation by lying on the application and put his/her PR in jeopardy.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:46 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi,

After reading this thread you have me worried. I have just applied for PR, i have a daughter who i have never met (One night stand!!) that i pay CSA for. I did not put her down as a dependant, but mentioned her in the 5406 (Additional family information form) surely they are not going to ask me to get her to take a medical, She is 16, we have never met and i only found out 4 years ago. We have not even spoke only emailed each other a few times. Its not as if i was married before and she has a different surname than me. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Happy New Year

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

bex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi,

After reading this thread you have me worried. I have just applied for PR, i have a daughter who i have never met (One night stand!!) that i pay CSA for. I did not put her down as a dependant, but mentioned her in the 5406 (Additional family information form) surely they are not going to ask me to get her to take a medical, She is 16, we have never met and i only found out 4 years ago. We have not even spoke only emailed each other a few times. Its not as if i was married before and she has a different surname than me. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Happy New Year

Regards

Andrew

Sorry to worry you but this was the same for us, my husband had nothing to do with the child since before birth as the marriage had ended, we still had to do a medical!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:53 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bex1
Sorry to worry you but this was the same for us, my husband had nothing to do with the child since before birth as the marriage had ended, we still had to do a medical!!!
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i was never married, as i said one night stand and we have never met. i have fired an email off to the London VO to ask them about our position. I can't see how they could ask for a medical to be done on someone who has no ties other than DNA! If something did happen to her mother, she would never want to come and stay with a family she has never met. The chances of us getting her to have a medical is zero, her mother hates me!!

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i was never married, as i said one night stand and we have never met. i have fired an email off to the London VO to ask them about our position. I can't see how they could ask for a medical to be done on someone who has no ties other than DNA! If something did happen to her mother, she would never want to come and stay with a family she has never met. The chances of us getting her to have a medical is zero, her mother hates me!!

Regards

Andrew
Sorry Andrew, but it makes no difference whether you we're married or whether she wants to have contact or not, believe me we tried everything even the exwife wrote to CIC telling them she would not allow and she was not financially dependent on my husband for maintenance, made no difference. The reason they do this is exactly that, if anything happens to the mother she may have to come and live with you and they need to be sure she wouldn't be a drain on the Canadian services, ie medical. We were told to do medical or forget it. My husband even had contacts in the CIC London and even they couldn't advise anything different. You'll need medical, certified photos and passport number, unless you can provide these you'll have to wait until she no long a dependent :-( Hope you find a way round it as there's several of us been / going through this.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:55 am
Andrew

Hi,

Regards

Andrew
And my wife is the principle applicant, only her dependant children need to have medicals.

I also found this quote also"To become permanent residents, you and all your dependent children, who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents, must complete a medical examination She is not a dependant child. When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date.

If you are a divorced or separated parent of a minor child, whom you have joint or sole custody, that child is considered a dependant (Was not divorced or separated). The child will have to undergo a medical examination even if he lives with the other parent and will not be joining you in Canada" Never had a relationship with the mother (Apart from one night and i can't remember that!

Andrew
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And my wife is the principle applicant, only her dependant children need to have medicals.
Nope, if you are on the application too, any dependent children you have would also normally need medicals, not just hers. And I know you say 'she's not a dependent child', but she is in CIC's eyes - their definition of a dependent child isn't one that is financially dependent on you, it's simply a child that is aged 22 or under.

However, it is possible for her to not have the medical, plenty of others on the forum have done it so a quick search may reveal more info - iirc you need to have a notorised letter done giving up all rights to sponsor her in the future basically.

HTH.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:36 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, if you are on the application too, any dependent children you have would also normally need medicals, not just hers. And I know you say 'she's not a dependent child', but she is in CIC's eyes - their definition of a dependent child isn't one that is financially dependent on you, it's simply a child that is aged 22 or under.

However, it is possible for her to not have the medical, plenty of others on the forum have done it so a quick search may reveal more info - iirc you need to have a notorised letter done giving up all rights to sponsor her in the future basically.

HTH.
Iirc I think there is someone here currently in one of the fsw threads who have still had to do the medical despite notarized letter etc, will try and find the name
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:37 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Anunlikelyreunion in this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...96959&page=142
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:39 am
Andrew

HTH.
Thanks, just wish i had now not added her on the additional family info part of the application. It just seems strange that CIC see a 16 year old you have never met and was the result of a one night stand as a dependant and that she would possibly want to come to Canada to live with a family she has never met!! Might have to go down the notarized route, need to find those previouse post's.

Thanks

Andrew
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

HTH.
christmasoompa - we did the notarised letter, CIC weren't interested in it!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:55 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Thanks,

Had a look at the thread, but everyone elses case involves being divorced and having known the children. In my case my daughter dose not have my surname, has never met me and would not want to come and live with me in Canada. If CIC don't see sense here then i will be snookered. What 16 year old is going to go and have a medical miles away from her home, just so that someone she dose not know can go to Canada? Looks like our dream could be scuppered on a ludicrous technicality, now that would be sad!

Andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.