Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nominee Program Prince Edward Island

Wikiposts

Nominee Program Prince Edward Island

Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:32 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Nominee Program Prince Edward Island

Hi everyone from a very wet Scotland.
I joined the forum today for the first time and look forward to getting to know you all and exchanging info.
Is there anyone undergoing immigration /nominee program toPrince Edward Island as i would love to get in touch and get to know them.
The waiting times are so varied and its hard to imagine how people must feel when they have been waiting months and years to achieve their dream.
I think we have been lucky '' so far'' our timeline has been very fast.

Visited Pei..........Jan 2005 for interview with immigration officer.
Received letter of acceptance from PEi March.
Completed all paperwork for London and PEI including all fees posted off April.
Received tracking number and medical forms Mid June and have medicals arranged for next week'''
Its all gone very fast till now fingers crossed it continues.

Luv Vi.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:46 am
Just Joined

lizmackay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nominee Program Prince Edward Island

HI VI,

We are also from Scotland (Edinburgh) and have applied to imigrate PNP to British Columbia, I know it is far away from where you are going (Just wanted to say hi). We have returned all our forms to Lawyer in BC so now it's just a waiting game.

Liz
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi everyone from a very wet Scotland.
I joined the forum today for the first time and look forward to getting to know you all and exchanging info.
Is there anyone undergoing immigration /nominee program toPrince Edward Island as i would love to get in touch and get to know them.
The waiting times are so varied and its hard to imagine how people must feel when they have been waiting months and years to achieve their dream.
I think we have been lucky '' so far'' our timeline has been very fast.

Visited Pei..........Jan 2005 for interview with immigration officer.
Received letter of acceptance from PEi March.
Completed all paperwork for London and PEI including all fees posted off April.
Received tracking number and medical forms Mid June and have medicals arranged for next week'''
Its all gone very fast till now fingers crossed it continues.

Luv Vi.
Hi my wife and I are NB PNP, it does run fast here aswell, we came out early and extended our TR visa once, so as to mesh with the NB PNP. It`s just the two of us, we have since sold up in the UK, settling nicely here on the Fundy Bay coast.
Did you know it`s free to drive onto PEI and around $CDN 40 to get off. One can by a season ticket and get the price down.
They get a fair bit of snow in Feb. and March.!
We have yet to visit PEI
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:21 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Hi my wife and I are NB PNP, it does run fast here aswell, we came out early and extended our TR visa once, so as to mesh with the NB PNP. It`s just the two of us, we have since sold up in the UK, settling nicely here on the Fundy Bay coast.
Did you know it`s free to drive onto PEI and around $CDN 40 to get off. One can by a season ticket and get the price down.
We have yet to visit PEI
Hi
Yes i know all about PEI we have visited often and stayed 3 months during last winter and experienced 2 huge atlantic snow storms ''it was fantastic''
We loved the island hence our move there if we ever get our passport requests,we had our medicals some 8 weeks ago and as yet still waiting....
We had planned to move as soon as the paperwork was complete but with the drop in interest rates we plan on waiting till spring of next year in the hope thing improve.
And yes you get onto the island.............but have to pay to get off lol but we dont mind its all part of island life i guess.
Hope you are enjoying you new life in NS........we were in Cape Breton for last new year and had a great time everyone was so nice to us and we got to know a few of the locals.
ENJOY CANADA .BEST WISHES Vi.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi
Yes i know all about PEI we have visited often and stayed 3 months during last winter and experienced 2 huge atlantic snow storms ''it was fantastic''
We loved the island hence our move there if we ever get our passport requests,we had our medicals some 8 weeks ago and as yet still waiting....
We had planned to move as soon as the paperwork was complete but with the drop in interest rates we plan on waiting till spring of next year in the hope thing improve.
And yes you get onto the island.............but have to pay to get off lol but we dont mind its all part of island life i guess.
Hope you are enjoying you new life in NS........we were in Cape Breton for last new year and had a great time everyone was so nice to us and we got to know a few of the locals.
ENJOY CANADA .BEST WISHES Vi.
Silly, not NS, it`s NB.
If your schedule pitches you here and having purchased a place in late Summer, arranging for any construction/alteration work will be difficult, as the guys will all be booked up. You need to have your team put together and committed by June.
As with contractors it`s a bit like Greece or Spain but with Snow!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:11 am
Vi

Silly, not NS, it`s NB.
If your schedule pitches you here and having purchased a place in late Summer, arranging for any construction/alteration work will be difficult, as the guys will all be booked up. You need to have your team put together and committed by June.
As with contractors it`s a bit like Greece or Spain but with Snow!
Sorry.................NB>
My hubby and son are both carpenters so any work needing done on a home we buy will be kept in the family and a few of the friends we have made who just happen to be Plumbers /electricians so as they say its ''cool''
Have decided to have a celebration dinner and a few when we eventually get our passport requests .if ever getting a bit anxious about the wait. Best wishes Vi.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

We have yet to visit PEI
Hi
Whats your timeline for your NB PNP? Are you doing the skilled worker or the business?
We are doing the business NB PNP and have had our interview in Fredericton and will be submitting all the forms
by about the end of this month. On the NB Gov website it states that from recieiving the forms it will take them 4-6 months to decide if they will nominate and then the fed part will take up to 9 months to complete.
How far along are you and have you found any of the steps to be quicker than per official schedule?
Where abouts on the bay of Fundy have you settled?

Pennyhp

Pennyhp