Wikiposts

NOC query

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:53 am

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question NOC query

New here, so be gentle with me and this is probably in the wrong section mods??
I have been offered a job which is a Manager's position (in Alberta). The NOC classification that fits the description best is category B, effectively a Skilled-Worker.
I've been in a managerial position for 15+ years but I have no education further than Secondary school, it's never held me back over here.
I notice on the form which needs to be filled out it states that NOC B is for a job recquiring further or post-secondary school ed. However on the form it does give the option to just tick the secondary ed box.

Bear with me......

So my question is can I still apply NOC B even though I don't back it up with degree or suchlike but do have 15+ years experience.

If anyone cares to shed a little light I'd appreciate it......it would also save me barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited by fabretti18; Nov 22nd 2012 at 8:09 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC query

Can't hurt to try applying. An LMO application is free.

Its as well whether or not they deem that there is a need to hire outside of Canada. I'm not sure that they would factor your experience into account in lou of qualifications.

Good luck with your application!