NOC Help

Old Oct 8th 2016, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Obitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond repute
Default NOC Help

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and ask for a bit of help.

I'm about to start filling out my EE Profile as my wife and I are looking to emigrate to Canada in 2018 (January or May) on a student visa (initially, then apply for PR while we are over), I have taken the IELTS test and am in the process of finding the best ECA assessor for us but I'm a bit stuck when it comes to the NOC codes.

My background is in IT and over the past 5 years I have worked in a number of roles including technical support for end users for broadband, networks and desktop support as well.

My most recent roles over the past 2 years has been working in a Technical Operations Team for the NHS, in this role we work with transfer of patient data across a secure network, we resolve issues, deploy new releases in Linux and I have progressed to mananging a team of up to 3 technicians so I'm not sure what would be the best NOC code to go for as there doesn't appear to be much help in the tools I've viewed to ascertain the correct NOC code.

When I have looked I suspect I fall into:
Desktop User Support
Network Technician
Information Management Technician (although I'm not sure how close I am as we administer and fault find the systems that are used for information management)

Is there anyone who can help me or point me in the right direction?
Old Oct 8th 2016, 5:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC Help

It's not really something we can help with unfortunately, only you know what your daily duties were so you just need to see which is the best match for those. You need to do at least half of the duties listed.

For your ECA, any of the approved agencies will do though.

Although if you're going on a student visa first in 2018 then I wouldn't apply under EE just yet? Your profile will expire by then anyway (assuming you're not scoring enough to get an ITA of course). So maybe just hang on and wait before paying out for your IELTS, ECA etc?
Old Oct 8th 2016, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Obitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC Help

Hi Christmas!

I did a bit of reading after I'd posted and saw a couple of things that made me pause with my application, one was on Dual Intent, which I suspect would make things a tiny bit more difficult when my wife applies for her study permit if she is named on my EE profile, also, as you say, the costs relating to the ECA (I've taken IELTS already) and if my wife studies in Canada and gains a Canadian Degree then surely she would be a far better principle applicant than me?

I think I'll fill out an EE profile in the meantime so that I understand the form and the process but not submit the profile at this time.

Again, thank you for the help, you are a font of knowledge!