Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NOC Duties listed on skilled and unskilled

NOC Duties listed on skilled and unskilled

Old Sep 24th 2018, 7:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC Duties listed on skilled and unskilled

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
CEC
OK, so the benefits won't be a factor, but salary may be. To back up your claimed NOC, along with things like your employment contract and letter of reference, then your salary will help to prove your job came under that NOC code. As long as it's more than the 'median' figure on the Jobbank NOC info then it'll be fine.

P.S. No, for PNP you don't need to be in Canada, does depend on the stream though.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I was getting paid a liquor servers wage throughout, a whopping 7bucks below the median.

Looking at PNP I still need 2 years of experience in the skilled job, which is the same as express entry, so it's catch 22, that is if it takes the same things to prove the work? Letter, salary, etc

Last edited by RealVileLev; Sep 24th 2018 at 7:38 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 7:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I was getting paid a liquor servers wage throughout, a whopping 7bucks below the median.
Why were you not being paid a market wage for your job? If your job title and your wage doesn't match the NOC you're claiming then it may not be accepted unfortunately, but all you can do is try.

ian.
Looking at PNP I still need 2 years of experience in the skilled job, which is the same as express entry, so it's catch 22, that is if it takes the same things to prove the work? Letter, salary, etc
EE doesn't need 2 years? CEC is 1 year of skilled work. Which province's PNP?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

I meant 2 year is needed for PNP, sorry. My point is if I don't get EE because they don't believe I was a manager, I wont get PNP either right?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 7:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I meant 2 year is needed for PNP, sorry. My point is if I don't get EE because they don't believe I was a manager, I wont get PNP either right?
Depends on the province, 'skilled' often means something completely different under PNP and some provinces have semi or low skilled streams (although those the ones you need a job offer for usually).
Old Sep 24th 2018, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Would you say the wage is as important as the duties listed/time spent doing the job?

Last edited by RealVileLev; Sep 24th 2018 at 7:55 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Depends on the province, 'skilled' often means something completely different under PNP and some provinces have semi or low skilled streams (although those the ones you need a job offer for usually).
I'm pretty sure my old job would hire me as a manager again, I'm just worried because its been a while they might not be as true to their word as they were when I left.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Would you say the wage is as important as the duties listed/time spent doing the job?
No, duties are the most important thing, but your evidence does need to back up your claimed NOC too.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

I guess I should be more forceful with my pay in the future! Lesson learnt! What percentage chance would you say I had oompa?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I guess I should be more forceful with my pay in the future! Lesson learnt! What percentage chance would you say I had oompa?
Can't say I'm afraid, it will depend on too many factors. What is your CRS score?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

447. 2 months since AOR.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

447. 2 months since AOR.
Ah, so you've already got an ITA and applied for PR? Sorry, I didn't realise that. What proof did you submit for your employment?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah sorry I have. Which means asking these questions is a bit pointless now, but it's so hard to just relax and forget about it. I'm trying to brace myself for the decision.

I submitted my letter from my employer who mentioned how I started off in a unskilled position and moved into a skilled position after 6 months. It lists a good amount of duties, my pay and how my pay changed twice due to the wage being increased, and explains that I was doing a mixed role which is why they didn't change my job title, but even when I was not officially on a managers shift I was still 'performing the managers duties'.

I supplied 3 payslips, from the beginning, middle and end and my t4's.

Same goes for my skilled work outside of Canada, although there I was bar manager from the get go so it's only skilled duties listed.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone have any information on how you show past work experience with BCPNP? I genuinely can't find the information anywhere
Old Sep 30th 2018, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any information on how you show past work experience with BCPNP? I genuinely can't find the information anywhere
Try this link

https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14...ram-Guide.aspx