Wikiposts

Which NOC code !!!! Please help!

Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Default Which NOC code !!!! Please help!

Hi there,

Im trying to put this****** application together and ive hit a bit of a brick wall on the NOC codes as there seem to be a few that i could potentially fit with, but they are all very proscriptive.

The difficulty is i have worked in a number of sectors (Civil service, local gov, Higher Education and Voluntary) and my skills really lie in the project management / contracting arena.

Is there anyone here who has worked for gov organisation, and who is largely familiar with the following functions:

-Project Management
-Budeget Responsibilty
-Service Delivery
-Monitoring and Evaluation
-Contracting and Purchasing

These are largely the core aspects of my work, and im a little baffled as to which code to plum for !

Please help guys.

Thanks, Stuart
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:09 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which NOC code !!!! Please help!

You may claim experience in more than one occupation in any given time period. Write down all duties you performed in each perion you will be claiming, then browse through NOC descriptions (from NOC pages on HRSDC website) of occupations and claim every occupation in which your duties match substantial number of main duties and all of essential duties (not all descriptions list essential duties).

Originally Posted by stuartm
Hi there,

Im trying to put this****** application together and ive hit a bit of a brick wall on the NOC codes as there seem to be a few that i could potentially fit with, but they are all very proscriptive.

The difficulty is i have worked in a number of sectors (Civil service, local gov, Higher Education and Voluntary) and my skills really lie in the project management / contracting arena.

Is there anyone here who has worked for gov organisation, and who is largely familiar with the following functions:

-Project Management
-Budeget Responsibilty
-Service Delivery
-Monitoring and Evaluation
-Contracting and Purchasing

These are largely the core aspects of my work, and im a little baffled as to which code to plum for !

Please help guys.

Thanks, Stuart
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice

Thanks Andrew, but can i just clarify:

1. Each of my previous positions can have a separate code
2. Can there be more than one code attached to each poition held?

If you could answer this one it would help so much.

Thanks, Stu
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all

Thanks, Stu
Hi Stuart

I am also in the process of filling in the application form. I have been in the civil service for 8 years as an executive officer and previously as an admin officer. I too spent alot of time in different sections, such as accounts, budgets, contracting etc. I have trawled through the NOC codes and have put down every code that fits the main duties of each position. I have about 4 or 5 different codes for each position. Just put them all down if they match, and if you have documents to back it up.

Good Luck

Tracey
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:15 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, on both Q's.

Thanks, Stu
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, on both Q's.
Thanks Andrew