NOC code 0811

Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

momofone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC code 0811

Good Day

I've been reading BE for quite a while and I've learnt so much from you all about this Canadian immigration journey.

My husband has been employed as Operations Engineer then Plant Manager in the ethanol production industry for the last 11 years and at first I didn't see that his job could fit into the 0811 NOC code. On closer inspection however, I think we may have a chance at 0811 but I need some unbiased advice.

You see his experience has been specifically in the ethanol dehydration process, end product a higher quality ethanol but still ethanol. His plant imports ethanol, dehydrates it then sells it to companies that use ethanol in their manufacturing process.

Do you all think that his job fits in with 0811, raw ethanol production vs. higher quality ethanol production? All the duties as listed in the 0811 NOC code are almost identical.