Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NOC Classification - Advice Please

NOC Classification - Advice Please

Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Feeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC Classification - Advice Please

I think I may have made a mistake on my form (AOR August 04). Please advise. I found a code I believe to best suit my current job i.e code 0114. The NOC occupation title for this code is Administrative Services Manager. However my title at work is Quality Services Manager (tasks are the same as those for 0114). Whilst updating the form, I updated my proper job title i.e Quality Services Manager against code 0114. My questions is, was this the right thing to do?

a) Should I have put in the occupation title as listed on NOC guide - Administrative Services Manager
b) Was I right to leave on my correct job title even though it is not stated that way on the NOC but still use the 0114 code?
c) Does it matter at all?

Second question......

I am in the process of completing my masters.. due to finish in July 05 (Based on current London timelines, it is unlikely I will have my IA by then). I will like to submit my Masters to be considered within my application. Can I just submit the completed Masters documentation with my reference number on it or do I have to recomplete all the forms pertaining to education and then resubmit my form?

Any advice would be useful. Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2004, 1:33 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: NOC Classification - Advice Please

Originally Posted by Feeder
I think I may have made a mistake on my form (AOR August 04). Please advise. I found a code I believe to best suit my current job i.e code 0114. The NOC occupation title for this code is Administrative Services Manager. However my title at work is Quality Services Manager (tasks are the same as those for 0114). Whilst updating the form, I updated my proper job title i.e Quality Services Manager against code 0114. My questions is, was this the right thing to do?

a) Should I have put in the occupation title as listed on NOC guide - Administrative Services Manager
b) Was I right to leave on my correct job title even though it is not stated that way on the NOC but still use the 0114 code?
c) Does it matter at all?

Second question......

I am in the process of completing my masters.. due to finish in July 05 (Based on current London timelines, it is unlikely I will have my IA by then). I will like to submit my Masters to be considered within my application. Can I just submit the completed Masters documentation with my reference number on it or do I have to recomplete all the forms pertaining to education and then resubmit my form?

Any advice would be useful. Thanks
perhaps an expert can comment my guess is:

1) c) as long as the code is correct
2) submitting the Masters doc. with an expanatory cover letter should do

Just guessing so be carefull
Old Nov 12th 2004, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Feeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOC Classification - Advice Please

Thanks for your response so far --- much appreciated.
As you have recommended.. any expert advice will be greatly appeciated as well!!