NOC Clarification

Old Sep 7th 2018, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

TerryLambe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC Clarification

Hi all I asked this question a while ago but didn’t get a strait answer,
i am a trained supervisor(sssts) in the fence installation industry, I have a Canadian employing wanting to employ me I met with him last week.

could anyone 100% comfirm if I can apply under noc 7205 (contractors and supervisors), the only example title relating to me is ‘fence contractor’, does this mean I would need to own and run my own business to apply?

any advice would really be appreciated,

below is from the noc 7205 page;

7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers

This unit group includes roofing, masonry, painting and other construction trade contractors, not elsewhere classified, who own and operate their own business. Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of various tradespersons, installers, repairers and servicers classified in the following minor groups: Masonry and Plastering Trades(728), Other Construction Trades (729) and Other Installers, Repairers and Servicers (744). They are employed by a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions. This unit group also includes prefabricated product installation and service contractors and proprietors of some repair and service establishments.

thanks Terry
Old Sep 7th 2018, 4:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC Clarification

You need to follow it 'backwards' in effect - 7205 supervisors are supervisors of 7441 installers.

I did say 7205 would appear to be a good fit. (complete with links and a breakdown) ** but please see below as it appears that is not quite the case.

I would be very surprised if a Canadian company would be able to obtain an LMIA for that position though. They would have to advertise for many weeks and show proof that there is no Canadian Citizen nor Permanent Resident in the whole of Canada able and willing to take the job. Are they willing to support your application for Permanent Residency or apply for an LMIA for you?

When you say apply - do you mean for Express Entry? Have you checked your points to ascertain whether you would be likely to receive an invite? Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
I see from an earlier post that you have. Perhaps revisit the tool and see if it's changed (if you had a birthday it will likely have). If you are still under 31 (or have Irish ancestry and are under 35), have you considered applying to enter the IEC pool - if you got an invite that would at least give you a 2 year open work permit which would give you Canadian Experience and increase your points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html
Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
UGH. !!

HUGE Apologies - having managed to finally get the 2016 NOC pages to open, it specifies Fencing Contractor but there is no mention of Fencing Supervisor. Sadly, it looks like you may have to own your own company to qualify under that NOC code... which wouldn't help you with points for Express Entry with job offer.

NOC 2016 Version 1.0 - 7205 - Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers - All examples

Perhaps take another look at your thread from last year? Express Entry, Not enough points?

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 7th 2018 at 4:34 am.