Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NOC Catetory- Prototype VehicleTechnician

NOC Catetory- Prototype VehicleTechnician

Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

great46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC Catetory- Prototype VehicleTechnician

My Husbands work experience over the last sixteen years has been with prototype cars, quite a specialized job.

I have taken this from his CV to explain what he did. (I say did as he took redundancy last year).

"Responsible for Prototype and Pilot build operations with respect to paint, trim and final assembly.
In depth knowledge of all vehicle systems and build processes.
Identify any design, function and process issues and liaise with Senior Design and Manufacturing Engineers to resolve.
Training plant personnel in house and at other plant locations in preparation for production.
Travelled to Sardinia as part of a team responsible for the preparation and maintenance of vehicles for the press Launch of KA and Mondeo Models."

I have looked on the NOC list at many different job titles and description of duties but none seam to match exactly. How Strict are they with this?

Can anyone help? the idea that he would not get excepted seams crazy to me
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:51 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC Catetory- Prototype VehicleTechnician

Originally Posted by great46
My Husbands work experience over the last sixteen years has been with prototype cars, quite a specialized job.

I have taken this from his CV to explain what he did. (I say did as he took redundancy last year).

"Responsible for Prototype and Pilot build operations with respect to paint, trim and final assembly.
In depth knowledge of all vehicle systems and build processes.
Identify any design, function and process issues and liaise with Senior Design and Manufacturing Engineers to resolve.
Training plant personnel in house and at other plant locations in preparation for production.
Travelled to Sardinia as part of a team responsible for the preparation and maintenance of vehicles for the press Launch of KA and Mondeo Models."

I have looked on the NOC list at many different job titles and description of duties but none seam to match exactly. How Strict are they with this?

Can anyone help? the idea that he would not get excepted seams crazy to me
Hi there

This advice was the exact quote that I received from our immigration lawyer, as I had the same sort of problem

"As you are aware, in order to receive credit for the work experience listed
in Schedule 3, the following conditions must be met:

1. The NOC code must begin with the number zero (0) OR have the second
number one (1), two (2), or three (3);
2. The job title must correspond to an "example title" listed under the NOC
code; and
3. You must have performed at least 50% of the "main duties" listed under
the NOC code.

At times, due to inconsistency in job titles, your job title may vary from
a job title listed on the NOC. In such an event, you should classify your
employment under the NOC code for which you have performed the majority of
the job duties, and, you should choose the job title that is most
applicable, from the titles on the list. If this is not possible, or if
you do not wish to list such a job title, a request can be forwarded for
Citizenship and Immigration Canada to put more emphasis in considering your
job duties. If your job title varies, but your job duties correspond to
the NOC code you choose, the visa officer may use discretion and grant you
credit for the work experience, if he/she so chooses. As a result, given
that you are aware of the full scope of duties you performed for each
period of employment, we ask you to attempt to ensure that the above
conditions are satisfied for each period of employment listed, when
submitting your Schedule 3."

I hope this helps

Reading between the lines, your present job must have been performed at least 50% of the corresponding NOC job classification that you must decide on

You must be able to find a job description from the NOC list that matches at least half of your hubbies present responsibilities

Had a look at the NOC list for the past 45 mins

Try NOC code 2141 Industrial and Manufacturing Engineer

Apart for this I'm stumped on this one

Hope this helps

Eddie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

great46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOC Catetory- Prototype VehicleTechnician

Hi, Eddie

Thanks, that was really kind of you and it has really given me an understanding of what they are looking for, however, we are still struggling to find one with even 50% of what he did.

I have spent so much time looking into this, I have printed all the forms I really didn't think that he would have had any problems with his work experience. I must admit I had not properly picked up on the fact that it had to be within the last ten years. When I first checked the BOC list I looked for his first job as a Fitter Turner which would be ok but that was 16 years ago.

I wish you could just phone them and say this is our situation what can we do?. I don't want to go to all the expense and hard work submitting forms knowing that a part of our application doesn't fit in with what they say.

If my husband could get out to Canada and find someone to employ him (unlikely I know but you can always dream) would this be a problem with a Provincial Nominee application?

Thanks again for all your help,