NOC category

Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:04 pm
kaka123kaka2002

Default NOC category

Hi,

I applied as a skilled worker with 2133 NOC category for my current work, which covers the title of my position.

But now i saw another NOC category 2147 that better explains my current work in detail - although the present title of the NOC category is quite incorrect

I already received my IA and was asked to do medicals and have an interview waiver.

Now, should i bother updating this NOC number in my application ? Does it really change a lot ? If the visa officer was not convinced of my correct NOC category, would he have asked me for clarifications or would he correct it himself ? Both descriptions match my current work, but the newer one 2147 matches it better.

Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:17 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOC category

Do medicals and relax.

Originally Posted by kaka123kaka2002
Hi,

I applied as a skilled worker with 2133 NOC category for my current work, which covers the title of my position.

But now i saw another NOC category 2147 that better explains my current work in detail - although the present title of the NOC category is quite incorrect

I already received my IA and was asked to do medicals and have an interview waiver.

Now, should i bother updating this NOC number in my application ? Does it really change a lot ? If the visa officer was not convinced of my correct NOC category, would he have asked me for clarifications or would he correct it himself ? Both descriptions match my current work, but the newer one 2147 matches it better.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOC category

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Do medicals and relax.
Yes Mr Miller.

In many NOC occupations some of the job description/duties do overlap
a lot.

eg
2147 software engineers
2163 computer programmers