NOC 7215 Titles

Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC 7215 Titles

i know NOC 7215 is on the list and was there last year and doesnt really get filled up, im looking at applying under the NOC number, the title says "Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades", on the HRSDC site the full list of example titles has "general supervisor – building construction" and
"general supervisor – residential construction" . my official title at the last company i worked for was "Site Operations Manager" however most of my duties are the same as the ones mentioned on the HRSDC site. procurement, hr, health and safety, planning and scheduling etc.

Could i apply under this this NOC code? i could probably ask the company if they would change the title of my job on the reference letter as it would not really be a better position than what i was in.
would i need to have any certification or so?

Hamazz
Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC 7215 Titles

The job title itself is not the critical thing, it's fitting *most* of the responsibilities etc within the NOC code. If you fit the majority of the items in the description then you should be eligible.

Good luck!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks,

just wanted to make sure,

im trying to put my application together after having put the idea off for the past year or so because of family commitments and issues.

is there anybody out there applying under the same noc?

hamazz
Old Oct 11th 2011, 2:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hamazz
Thanks,

just wanted to make sure,

im trying to put my application together after having put the idea off for the past year or so because of family commitments and issues.

is there anybody out there applying under the same noc?

hamazz
You'd need to prove that the carpentry bit was your main job i.e. if you were supervising all sorts of other trades as well and carpenters only 10% of the time, then it wouldn't qualify. But if you were supervising carpenters 70% of the time for example, then it would.

So check you do the duties, make sure you meet the opening paragraph statement, and if that was definitely your main job (not just a small part of it), then you should qualify assuming of course that you have enough points, proof of funds, pass the medical, etc.

HTH.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 2:59 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Do be aware though - your job title looks like it would also fall under NOC 0711 Construction Managers - so the onus would be on you to prove your job fell under 7215 instead.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

yes i know it seems to fall into the other noc code slightly, main reason that was my title was for dealing with clients and suppliers etc, but most of time focusing on planning/procurement/hr and at the same time supervising joiners, both 1st and 2nd fix and french polishers and resolving problems etc.

i also done maybe 30% or so on mechanical side of things noc 7216 on the point of air-conditioning/ refrigeration equipment.

so i think it should be ok...