NOC 2273 , Deck Officer

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Pratik1327 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC 2273 , Deck Officer

Dear Sir,
Good Day,
This is with reference to NOC 2273, I am a merchant navy officer, 27 years old, unmarried. I am holding an experience of about 4+ years of sailing.
I am trying to gather as much information regarding the express entry programme for the PR Visa.
However i still do not have any knowledge if my current job profile would get accepted in canada or if I need to give any equivalent exam for the same.I am holding a valid 2nd mate license.
It would be very kind of you if you could guide me about the process.
Thank you,
regards.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC 2273 , Deck Officer

Hi, welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by Pratik1327
Dear Sir,
Ahem. Lots of us are women you know!

Originally Posted by Pratik1327
However i still do not have any knowledge if my current job profile would get accepted in canada or if I need to give any equivalent exam for the same.I am holding a valid 2nd mate license.
It qualifies for EE, as it's Skill Level B on the Matrix, so counts as skilled. Whether or not you qualify will depend on many other factors though, not least your FSW and CRS scores, along with things like your proof of funds amount etc.

This is just the Welcome Inn though, so I'll move your thread to the Canadian immigration sub forum. If you can give more info (your scores etc as above), then people can advise you properly.

HTH, best of luck.