Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NOC 2011 - Determining My Job Class

NOC 2011 - Determining My Job Class

Old Aug 4th 2013, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default NOC 2011 - Determining My Job Class

Hi All,

I've had a bit of a search, and haven't been able to find anything specific... so decided to start a new thread. However - I figured if I keep the title open - hopefully others can post after me, asking for similar help with clarification on job class with the NOC 2011.

Basically, I lived in Canada for 2 years (2010-2012) and during that time I worked for 15 months as an Admin Assistant at BC Hydro.

According to the new change in immigration policy - I am now eligible to apply for Permenant Residency under the Canadian Experience Class - as I have over 1 year's experience in a skilled position with a Canadian employer.

HOWEVER, the issue I am having - is to determine for certain if my job actually falls into the 'skilled' category, as a lot of the admin roles have overlapping duties.

The two I am currently stuck between are Admin Assistant (1241), and Office Support (1411). 1241 is considered 'skilled', whereas 1411 is not.

Is it up to me to determine which one I fall under? Do I need to gain 'authentication' from my employer? Or do I just list my duties and then the immigration bods decide which category I fall into?

Any information that anyone has would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have taken this route themselves.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 2:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC 2011 - Determining My Job Class

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Hi All,

I've had a bit of a search, and haven't been able to find anything specific... so decided to start a new thread. However - I figured if I keep the title open - hopefully others can post after me, asking for similar help with clarification on job class with the NOC 2011.

Basically, I lived in Canada for 2 years (2010-2012) and during that time I worked for 15 months as an Admin Assistant at BC Hydro.

According to the new change in immigration policy - I am now eligible to apply for Permenant Residency under the Canadian Experience Class - as I have over 1 year's experience in a skilled position with a Canadian employer.

HOWEVER, the issue I am having - is to determine for certain if my job actually falls into the 'skilled' category, as a lot of the admin roles have overlapping duties.

The two I am currently stuck between are Admin Assistant (1241), and Office Support (1411). 1241 is considered 'skilled', whereas 1411 is not.

Is it up to me to determine which one I fall under? Do I need to gain 'authentication' from my employer? Or do I just list my duties and then the immigration bods decide which category I fall into?

Any information that anyone has would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have taken this route themselves.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

It is up to you to show and prove that you performed the duties listed under the appropriate NOC code. You will need a signed letter from your employer detailing your duties, together with a copy of your contract. If the duties don't closely match the duties of the NOC code you have put down http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=1241 as a skilled occupation, then your application would be refused.

You can read more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5610E.pdf