Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

"No Worries" - visiting spouse while application "in process"

"No Worries" - visiting spouse while application "in process"

Old May 12th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "No Worries" - visiting spouse while application "in process"

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would let you know of my recent experience. MrBW and I decided to take a calculated risk, and for me to jump on a plane and come and visit.
Well the worries that were going thru my head all the way here!!!
I got to the head of the immigration line, handed over my passport and was asked what I was doing in Canada...... I told him that I was there to visit my husband, and then I quickly added that I had a PR application in process. He smiled, nodded, stamped my PP for 6 months, and as he was handing it back, asked where hubby lived, I told him, he smiled and said welcome to Canada.....
Oh, my what a relief! I had thought of every worst case scenario on my way over, imagining being put back on the first flight home (another 16 hours in the air!), but none of my worries were founded!!!
Now I have been here for just over two weeks, and life is fantastic! The weathers a little cold (!), but starting to get better, unfortunately after a two week vacation hubby has had to go back to work, but I am finding ways of keeping myself busy, and always keeping an ear out for the phone, hoping it will be the call from home telling me to send my passport!!!!

Best of luck to everyone else out there!
(oh and please take note that as an Australian I don't have to apply for a visitor visa to come here, and that every case is unique! I don't suggest just rocking up to Canada unless you have really thought about the risk!)
-blairwitch
Old May 12th 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "No Worries" - visiting spouse while application "in process"

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Hi Everyone

Just thought I would let you know of my recent experience. MrBW and I decided to take a calculated risk, and for me to jump on a plane and come and visit.
I got to the head of the immigration line, handed over my passport and was asked what I was doing in Canada...... I told him that I was there to visit my husband, and then I quickly added that I had a PR application in process. He smiled, nodded, stamped my PP for 6 months, and as he was handing it back, asked where hubby lived, I told him, he smiled and said welcome to Canada.....
Oh, my what a relief! I had thought of every worst case scenario on my way over, imagining being put back on the first flight home (another 16 hours in the air!), but none of my worries were founded!!!
Now I have been here for just over two weeks, and life is fantastic! The weathers a little cold (!), but starting to get better, unfortunately after a two week vacation hubby has had to go back to work, but I am finding ways of keeping myself busy, and always keeping an ear out for the phone, hoping it will be the call from home telling me to send my passport!!!!

(oh and please take note that as an Australian I don't have to apply for a visitor visa to come here, and that every case is unique! I don't suggest just rocking up to Canada unless you have really thought about the risk!)
-blairwitch

Enjoy your stay in Canada, no doubt PP request will come soon.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:53 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "No Worries" - visiting spouse while application "in process"

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Hi Everyone

-blairwitch
have a nice stay in Canada