No status on ECAS?

Old Feb 10th 2013, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

pinkandco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No status on ECAS?

Hi all, I have a quick question - I logged in to ECAS to check on our application status this morning and:

"If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status."

And then there was no status line. On previous logins I'd seen our sponsorship approved, application received message. Any idea what is going on? The last time I tried to log in (2 weeks ago) I couldn't even get into the system. Have others been having trouble with ECAS too?

Most of the time I've been ignoring ECAS except for a quick once a week check since I don't want to get worked up about it, but I really need to renew hubby's visitor visa soon - I'm finding their website extremely circuitous and confusing when trying to achieve this, and I don't want to go through the hassle if we're about to get approved! Unlikely as that may be, since we only got sponsorship approval Oct 9.

Anyway, there is my vent, any thoughts on the strange status lack of message?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:17 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No status on ECAS?

Over the last three years I have found ECAS to be almost useless by way of feedback.

One of the best ways to gauge how you may be progressing is to keep tabs on people that are also in your timeline.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing here. They can't find our application at all. It says they cant identify us .
This is after many months as "application received", and then two months as "medicals received."

Panic has officially set in.

Last edited by deltadeliquent; Feb 10th 2013 at 9:43 am.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Hmmm. Ok, well hopefully it will get "found" and reappear in ECAS at some point, I'll keep checking in and update if I get a status again. I have completed hubby's visitor visa extension application, not as painful as I'd thought it would be in the end once I figured out how to set up an account (the hardest part).
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be watching, Pinkandco.
Our timelines are almost exactly the same.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 12:32 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

There have been numerous reports of "lost applications" recently in Ecas and many have come back after a few days to a week. Keep trying! But, it was often a useless source of info until recently and is still very terse and uninformative.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim - yes, I don't get too worked up about what is (not generally) on there, just seemed a bit weird to suddenly disappear like that, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I won't lose any sleep over it. I've extended his visitor visa and traveler health care so I'll now also extend my expected PR approval time out a few more months and hopefully be pleasantly surprised around the end of Feb! We'll get there (hopefully).
Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It may only be a matter of weeks in fact. But, you could not count on that!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by pinkandco
Thanks Jim - yes, I don't get too worked up about what is (not generally) on there, just seemed a bit weird to suddenly disappear like that, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I won't lose any sleep over it. I've extended his visitor visa and traveler health care so I'll now also extend my expected PR approval time out a few more months and hopefully be pleasantly surprised around the end of Feb! We'll get there (hopefully).
IMHO the reasons for ECas problems in the past couple of weeks is that CHC/CIC is removing the 100K+ skilled worker applications submitted prior to Feb/2008 that are being terminated by 87.4 of the regulations and the fees refunded. So it takes a lot of work to sort through those applications in Ecas. Applicants who are effected by 87.4 will find that they can no longer find any information about their application on Ecas.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:39 pm

Luckily Pinkandco are not affected by that as its a spousal sponsorship. Also for some reason some have disappeared and then re-appeared.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

IMHO the reasons for ECas problems in the past couple of weeks is that CHC/CIC is removing the 100K+ skilled worker applications submitted prior to Feb/2008 that are being terminated by 87.4 of the regulations and the fees refunded. So it takes a lot of work to sort through those applications in Ecas. Applicants who are effected by 87.4 will find that they can no longer find any information about their application on Ecas.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 3:18 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

lmao (not that that is in anyway funny on it's own btw) but way to give someone a heart attack that casually glances through your post and speed reads the words terminated, refunded, no longer find information on Ecas
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pinkandco,

hope this calms you down, after one week of absence our application is back on ecas, yet still reading: application received.

Best regards
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi pinkandco,

hope this calms you down, after one week of absence our application is back on ecas, yet still reading: application received.

Best regards

I'm calm already, no worries :-) Good to know about your experience, I'll check in next Sunday, hopefully we'll be back. If not, perhaps the Sunday after that...
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:32 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
Same thing here. They can't find our application at all. It says they cant identify us .
This is after many months as "application received", and then two months as "medicals received."

Panic has officially set in.
Don't worry. It seems that there are others in the same situation as us and they are in the same position status wise too

We have been offline (unable to check status) for over a week now.

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 10th 2013 at 9:37 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:24 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi pinkandco,

Best regards
Yip E-CAS info is back Its my comforter just to remind me that I am somewhere in the system.

Regards

Andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.