No more notorisation required?

Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

MarkS is on a distinguished road
Question No more notorisation required?

Hello.

Over the years there has been some discussion on this forum about whether photocopied documents in English (or French) required notorisation.

Forgive me if this has been covered recently but I notice in the online 'in Canada spousal PR' application form (that is updated periodically) that there is no mention of notorisation anymore and the document checklist also says:
"photocopies do not need to be certified. Do not send original documents unless otherwise stated".

Has it now been changed that notorisation of photocopied documents (e.g. birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate) is not required if they are in one of the official languages of Canada?

MarkS
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:26 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: No more notorisation required?

Originally Posted by MarkS
Hello.

Over the years there has been some discussion on this forum about whether photocopied documents in English (or French) required notorisation.

Forgive me if this has been covered recently but I notice in the online 'in Canada spousal PR' application form (that is updated periodically) that there is no mention of notorisation anymore and the document checklist also says:
"photocopies do not need to be certified. Do not send original documents unless otherwise stated".

Has it now been changed that notorisation of photocopied documents (e.g. birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate) is not required if they are in one of the official languages of Canada?

MarkS
Seems to be different depending on the embassy. Berlin for e.g. said that Birth certificate does not need to be certified. For the education and work exp. they required certification, however they stated that some of the officers will not require a translation. I guess the answer depends on who you ask, and if you want to be on the safe side, get it certified.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mhhp
Seems to be different depending on the embassy. Berlin for e.g. said that Birth certificate does not need to be certified. For the education and work exp. they required certification, however they stated that some of the officers will not require a translation. I guess the answer depends on who you ask, and if you want to be on the safe side, get it certified.
This is for 'in Canada' PR application, so instead of going to an embassy it is going to Vegreville AB. Does anyone know for sure the 'in Canada' stance on notorisation of photocopied documents.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Mr Miller, Jim, anyone? Any comments on this?