Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

No more LMO's being issued in Alberta?

No more LMO's being issued in Alberta?

Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:57 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No more LMO's being issued in Alberta?

Originally Posted by snow valley
HR Department asks Business Unit Manager to call for update on LMO application. He has call with girl who answers phone who is full of doom and gloom and paints a really bleak picture.
O that just so sounds like the department
Better to wait and see, keeping my fingers crossed for you
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

snow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
O that just so sounds like the department
Better to wait and see, keeping my fingers crossed for you
Thanks alot - this waiting game gets pretty stressful doesn't it
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

OK, after having palpitations all day, think I have got to the bottom of this.

HR Department asks Business Unit Manager to call for update on LMO application. He has call with girl who answers phone who is full of doom and gloom and paints a really bleak picture.

She explains how difficult it is to get an LMO and says they have virtually stopped issuing them, but doesn't talk specifically about our LMO application.

Manager is concerned (he doesn't usually get involved with this side of the business)- visits OH to tell him can't get LMO coz girl on phone says so.

HR Dept today say, slow down horsey, we haven't heard anything official about OH's case either way - this is just someone's opinion at the end of the phone who isn't handling the file! Let's wait to hear officially first before we get alarmed.

I'm sorry to have concerned anyone unduly - I know I frightened myself! So LMO still being considered and hasn't been refused YET anyway ..

Cheers everyone.
Well, that's a weight off!! You'd think they'd get their story right before passing on useless info - what a waste of space! Good news anyway - I'll keep all my bits crossed for you! By the way ... I love the 'slow down horsey'!!!!!! LOL
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

I wonder if anyone knows the latest or has been able to get a positive LMO lately?

I ask because OH's employers told him they have been unable to get a new LMO for him. They were told on the phone no new LMO's are being issued at the moment regardless of whether you are skilled or unskilled or are already in a job here.

This was after employers did all the necessary advertising/application etc.

I know things have tightened up on the LMO front but I wasn't aware they had stopped issuing them completely???

Thanks in advance.
Don't despair.My husband was issued with positive LMO three weeks ago to work in Edmonton. I know that Service Canada gave the employer a run for their money but they still issued it nevertheless. Employer had asked for 2 year LMO but only 12 months was granted.

Fingers crossed for you. Hope you have some good news soon.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

snow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Well, that's a weight off!! You'd think they'd get their story right before passing on useless info - what a waste of space! Good news anyway - I'll keep all my bits crossed for you! By the way ... I love the 'slow down horsey'!!!!!! LOL
Those probably weren't the exact words used, but you get my drift I'm not very good at relying on others for info, I prefer to get stuck in and make the enquiries myself - but then I am a control freak!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Don't despair.My husband was issued with positive LMO three weeks ago to work in Edmonton. I know that Service Canada gave the employer a run for their money but they still issued it nevertheless. Employer had asked for 2 year LMO but only 12 months was granted.

All helpful information for me and others needing a new LMO shortly.

Cheers
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zippadydoda

Update: Positive LMO received today for one year! 6 days ago we were virtually told we'd have to swap a kidney for a positive LMO - then out of the blue, one arrives on Manager's desk this morning!

So as everyone said, it is still possible to get a positive LMO in this climate. I can lay off ringing the AINP guys, for now anyway ...
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Congratulations Snow Valley. That's a weight off your mind. Now, the AINP should, hopefully, follow in a few months.

I have just been informed that my company are bringing over some people from abroad and they have just been granted postive LMO's too.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:08 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

Update: Positive LMO received today for one year! 6 days ago we were virtually told we'd have to swap a kidney for a positive LMO - then out of the blue, one arrives on Manager's desk this morning!

So as everyone said, it is still possible to get a positive LMO in this climate. I can lay off ringing the AINP guys, for now anyway ...

great news sv!
im going to pm you!
a x
Old Dec 19th 2009, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again guys for your help and support.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 3:29 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done..............great xmas pressie