Extending work permit online:

Old Oct 13th 2018, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extending work permit online:

Hi folks!

Finally got the paperwork through from the university extending my husbands post-doc by another 2 years.
When we first landed in Alberta (Calgary) almost 2 years ago now we were told by the immi guy that if his contract got extended we could just apply for a permit extension.
So- we have the new contract stating all the info it needs to state + we have the receipt showing the uni have paid the fee for the LMIA excemption.

This evening we’ve gone online and have tried to complete the extension on there as it says it’s 50 days online or 100 days my mail.

He’s come to put my info in and it says applying for the permit for a spouse can’t be done online and has to be done by mail. Is this right? Or have we done the wrong thing online?

Thanks for any info!

Suze
Old Oct 13th 2018, 1:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending work permit online:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...da-worker.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...da-worker.html
Is this where you are looking? Sorry, I'm not up to date on the rules .. perhaps wait until Snowy, christmasoompa or FL can advise?
When is your deadline to submit (normally 30 days prior to your current permits expiring). I seem to recall that you would need to apply separately (or by mail) as you can't get an extension / new open work permit unless your husbands is approved first - as yours is dependent on his... but do wait for confirmation of that by others!

As an aside: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ding-stay.html
If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 13th 2018 at 1:46 am.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute

Our current permit expires on January 4th 2019.

Husband signed up on the CIC website and went from there just following the prompts/answering the questions- though it did seem to go round in circles somewhat during parts.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 1:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzeandmatt
Our current permit expires on January 4th 2019.

Husband signed up on the CIC website and went from there just following the prompts/answering the questions- though it did seem to go round in circles somewhat during parts.
The links I gave are from the Govt. website, lol.
Perhaps you could give the link that he is using, so to preclude any confusion.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The links I gave are from the Govt. website, lol.
Perhaps you could give the link that he is using, so to preclude any confusion.
We are using the government website as well. It’s the same one as you supplied- just when we get so far in it says we have to apply by post as we’re applying to add on a spouse.
We’re tempted to start again! Haha
Old Oct 13th 2018, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You must inputting a wrong answer somewhere, because based on what I think your scenario is, you should be able to do it.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snowy560
You must inputting a wrong answer somewhere, because based on what I think your scenario is, you should be able to do it.
Thanks! I thought we could do so it seemed weird to me the answers we were getting!
We stopped mid-application last night as it seemed very weird so going to give it another go later.

Does anyone know the methods to which you can pay for the permits? Anyone know if you can pay by American Express?

Thanks again for all your help?!
Old Oct 14th 2018, 12:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by suzeandmatt

Thanks! I thought we could do so it seemed weird to me the answers we were getting!
We stopped mid-application last night as it seemed very weird so going to give it another go later.

Does anyone know the methods to which you can pay for the permits? Anyone know if you can pay by American Express?

Thanks again for all your help?!
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
Online Payment

Manage Account | View all receipts | FAQ
Complete your application before paying the fees online.
The payer's name will appear on the receipt. The name on the receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form.

We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.

Old Oct 14th 2018, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
Online Payment

Manage Account View all receipts FAQ
Complete your application before paying the fees online.
The payer's name will appear on the receipt. The name on the receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form.

We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.

You are a star! Thank you so much! Off to attempt it now! Thanks again for all your help! Appreciate it a lot!!