Is this a no goer

Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Is this a no goer

I have done the free test you can take on a few web pages.
My wife comes back with 62 points, does this mean we have no chance of getting or are there other avenues I can go down ?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:18 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a no goer

Originally Posted by kevinm
I have done the free test you can take on a few web pages.
My wife comes back with 62 points, does this mean we have no chance of getting or are there other avenues I can go down ?
There are other avenues to explore such as business, PNP, family etc. I can't be much more help than that with regards to requirements and yours is probably the one scenario where i would advise you consult an immigration expert.
Try hiring one of the experts from this site as they seem to be genuine and fair (some others are not qualified to advise, some charge you big bucks knowing you have no chance etc)
I personally would ask Andrew Miller or JIm Humphries on here initially.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Also, how many points do you get? If you get more than she does you might still qualify as a couple.

Someone else mentioned in another thread that they're applying under the Nova Scotia PNP program: I was reading about that a few days ago and it looks like the requirements are significantly lower than the skilled worker program if you can find someone eager to hire you (they really want new immigrants)... but you would have to intend to settle in the province.

On the upside, it's very pretty and the houses were very cheap when I was there a couple of years ago .
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkG
Also, how many points do you get? If you get more than she does you might still qualify as a couple.

Someone else mentioned in another thread that they're applying under the Nova Scotia PNP program: I was reading about that a few days ago and it looks like the requirements are significantly lower than the skilled worker program if you can find someone eager to hire you (they really want new immigrants)... but you would have to intend to settle in the province.

On the upside, it's very pretty and the houses were very cheap when I was there a couple of years ago .
Thanks for that, I actually score less than my wife. But she scored 62 points.
Nova Scotia looks very nice but ideally we would like a business to run when we get there.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:28 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

still the same now Mark, there are some cracking houses in lovely areas and the prices are still more than reasonable.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

They do have a business program, but it's expensive: you'd need about 150k of assets and have to pay about 50k for the visa...

http://www.gov.ns.ca/econ/nsnp/nominee/economic.asp
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

They do have a business program, but it's expensive: you'd need about 150k of assets and have to pay about 50k for the visa...

Blimmey.
We dont actually have any experiance at all.
We have looked into a few places, ie Countries, Australia is when your in your in do what you wish. But we also have a problem scoring enough points there.
Know one will let us in
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:43 pm
Love it

chinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nice

Just going down this route now. With the current exchange rate and all federal fees its closer to £70,000! Although you do get C$20,000 dollars back in wages.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, I was subtracting the wages from the cost... which I guess I shouldn't have really as you'd have been working in the UK otherwise.