Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

no confirmtion of study permit application?

no confirmtion of study permit application?

Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

doggmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default no confirmtion of study permit application?

guys I applied for a study permit 6 weeks ago and its coming close to the point at which i should receive it, as the processing times are 4-6 weeks. should i be concerned that they haven't sent me any confirmation letter indicating receipt of my application??
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

sjmartin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: no confirmtion of study permit application?

Hi there!

Where did you submit your study permit application to?

I submitted mine to London on 15th August 2008 and had my letter of acceptance last week.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

jacket is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doggmeister
guys I applied for a study permit 6 weeks ago and its coming close to the point at which i should receive it, as the processing times are 4-6 weeks. should i be concerned that they haven't sent me any confirmation letter indicating receipt of my application??
I had the same problem! I heard that it takes about 3 months these days.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjmartin
Hi there!

Where did you submit your study permit application to?

I submitted mine to London on 15th August 2008 and had my letter of acceptance last week.
SJ

Thanks for your reply i sent mine on 12th aug and still heard nothing!! and my school has already started!!!

did you recieve any confirmation letter to confirm receipt of your application? were you asked for interview or medicals?

i'm getting very frustrated haaving heard nothing
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:49 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If you are frustrated you may have only yourself to blame since an August application for a September stat at school is very very late. Perhaps you received the acceptance late so then blame the school, but visa officers do try to help whenever possible.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you are frustrated you may have only yourself to blame since an August application for a September stat at school is very very late. Perhaps you received the acceptance late so then blame the school, but visa officers do try to help whenever possible.
Thanks for your reply but my question is did you recieve any confirmation letter to confirm receipt of your application?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:38 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the first thing you will receive iis a decision of some sort as the processing times are short and an AOR is superfluous in that situation.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Probably the first thing you will receive iis a decision of some sort as the processing times are short and an AOR is superfluous in that situation.
thanks jim

sjmartin, can you confirm?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Sorry doggmeister for delay!

I didn't get any confirmation prior to receiving letter of approval. The slip confirming the payment was returned with the approval letter.

I tracked mine via the Post Office letter tracker to make sure it arrived at CHC London. Have you any way of checking?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Sorry....

I didn't get called in for an interview or meds either.

Thought I might because I also have a PR application submitted but I guess my submitted study plan letter did the trick!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjmartin
Sorry....

I didn't get called in for an interview or meds either.

Thought I might because I also have a PR application submitted but I guess my submitted study plan letter did the trick!
thanks
sjmartin