Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

No of applications received is a waste of time

No of applications received is a waste of time

Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Porkis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No of applications received is a waste of time

Question to the forum.

We all know that CIC publish the number of applications received, which some of us were following, as it's important to know if the cap has been reached before applying, right?

That's kinda what it's there for, or so I thought.

I appreciate of course that there might be a slight difference between the published figure and the real day to day figures as it's only updated every week or so.

But say you applied in October, and at the time of applying, the number was 300ish out of a total of 500, and that 500 cap was eventually reached in December. Then you wait until February to find out that your application has been returned to you on the basis that the cap had actually been reached WHEN you applied back in October, you'd be rather annoyed, no?

Is this a common thing? is there any point in complaining to them about it? or is it a simple case of tough, re-apply in 2012?

Porkis ..
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No of applications received is a waste of time

Originally Posted by Porkis
But say you applied in October, and at the time of applying, the number was 300ish out of a total of 500, and that 500 cap was eventually reached in December. Then you wait until February to find out that your application has been returned to you on the basis that the cap had actually been reached WHEN you applied back in October, you'd be rather annoyed, no?
I can understand your frustration, but there could easily be a few hundred applications sitting waiting to be opened or checked there, so the CIC figures are usually quite a way off - remember that they're only for 'complete applications' received, so by the time they've been opened and checked, the number is completely out of date!

Which NOC was it?
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Just out of interest, is the cap filed once they process 500 applications or once 500 are approved? I read somewhere that there was a 70% rejection rate with wither MI2 or MI3, so that could be as little as 3000 FSW approvals a year! If its the former!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Just out of interest, is the cap filed once they process 500 applications or once 500 are approved?
It's neither, it's when 500 complete applications are received. So even if half of those are subsequently rejected, the cap is still met at that point.

Old Feb 1st 2012, 4:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's neither, it's when 500 complete applications are received. So even if half of those are subsequently rejected, the cap is still met at that point.

As well FW2 and old FW3 are not included in the cap nos.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Which NOC was it?
Hey Christmas, it was 0631 - Restaurant and Food Service Managers ... what's your gut feelings about this still being on there after July?

Porkis
Old Feb 1st 2012, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Porkis
Hey Christmas, it was 0631 - Restaurant and Food Service Managers ... what's your gut feelings about this still being on there after July?
Hmmm, tricky one, not sure I could even guess on that. It's not one that I think will definitely go, but also not one that I'm sure will stay. No help at all I know, sorry!

Best of luck, fingers crossed for you that it's still on the list in July so you can resubmit.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, who knows right?

Well we'll be right in there 2 seconds after it al goes live for 2012

Thanks Christmas, you're always there for me

Porkis ..