British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   No of applications received is a waste of time (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/no-applications-received-waste-time-747015/)

Porkis Feb 1st 2012 11:26 am

No of applications received is a waste of time

Question to the forum. :blink:

We all know that CIC publish the number of applications received, which some of us were following, as it's important to know if the cap has been reached before applying, right?

That's kinda what it's there for, or so I thought.

I appreciate of course that there might be a slight difference between the published figure and the real day to day figures as it's only updated every week or so.

But say you applied in October, and at the time of applying, the number was 300ish out of a total of 500, and that 500 cap was eventually reached in December. Then you wait until February to find out that your application has been returned to you on the basis that the cap had actually been reached WHEN you applied back in October, you'd be rather annoyed, no? :banghead:

Is this a common thing? is there any point in complaining to them about it? or is it a simple case of tough, re-apply in 2012? :thumbdown:

Porkis ..

christmasoompa Feb 1st 2012 1:07 pm

Re: No of applications received is a waste of time

Originally Posted by Porkis (Post 9877756)
But say you applied in October, and at the time of applying, the number was 300ish out of a total of 500, and that 500 cap was eventually reached in December. Then you wait until February to find out that your application has been returned to you on the basis that the cap had actually been reached WHEN you applied back in October, you'd be rather annoyed, no? :banghead:

I can understand your frustration, but there could easily be a few hundred applications sitting waiting to be opened or checked there, so the CIC figures are usually quite a way off - remember that they're only for 'complete applications' received, so by the time they've been opened and checked, the number is completely out of date!

Which NOC was it?

sdo1982 Feb 1st 2012 1:26 pm

Just out of interest, is the cap filed once they process 500 applications or once 500 are approved? I read somewhere that there was a 70% rejection rate with wither MI2 or MI3, so that could be as little as 3000 FSW approvals a year! If its the former!

christmasoompa Feb 1st 2012 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 9877918)
Just out of interest, is the cap filed once they process 500 applications or once 500 are approved?

It's neither, it's when 500 complete applications are received. So even if half of those are subsequently rejected, the cap is still met at that point.

:)

PMM Feb 1st 2012 4:41 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9878099)
It's neither, it's when 500 complete applications are received. So even if half of those are subsequently rejected, the cap is still met at that point.

:)

As well FW2 and old FW3 are not included in the cap nos.

Porkis Feb 1st 2012 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9877893)

Which NOC was it?

Hey Christmas, it was 0631 - Restaurant and Food Service Managers ... what's your gut feelings about this still being on there after July?

Porkis

christmasoompa Feb 1st 2012 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Porkis (Post 9878896)
Hey Christmas, it was 0631 - Restaurant and Food Service Managers ... what's your gut feelings about this still being on there after July?

Hmmm, tricky one, not sure I could even guess on that. It's not one that I think will definitely go, but also not one that I'm sure will stay. No help at all I know, sorry!

Best of luck, fingers crossed for you that it's still on the list in July so you can resubmit. :fingerscrossed:

Porkis Feb 1st 2012 9:12 pm

Yeah, who knows right?

Well we'll be right in there 2 seconds after it al goes live for 2012 :)

Thanks Christmas, you're always there for me ;)

Porkis ..