Wikiposts

Nightmare!?! Please Advise

Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road
Default RCMP Fiasco!! Please Advise..

Hi,

I applied under family class on the 17th March. Everything was going fine until the 15th June when my fingerprints were requested. I sent these off the next day and emailed CHC to ask what the prints were for. I found out they were for an RCMP check and was advised these checks were currently taking 60-90 days.

That was almost 4 months ago.

We then find out today from RCMP that they have just received our prints and we should expect to wait up to 4 months!! So London obviously waited for about 4 months before they forwarded my prints to RCMP.

Is there anything I can do as I can't believe I'm going to have to wait 8 months for a check which they told me would take 60-90 days.

At this point its looking like the process is going to take about a year from start to finish.

Last edited by a1anm; Oct 11th 2007 at 7:14 am.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RCMP Fiasco!! Please Advise..

Originally Posted by a1anm
Hi,

I applied under family class on the 17th March. Everything was going fine until the 15th June when my fingerprints were requested. I sent these off the next day and emailed CHC to ask what the prints were for. I found out they were for an RCMP check and was advised these checks were currently taking 60-90 days.

That was almost 4 months ago.

We then find out today from RCMP that they have just received our prints and we should expect to wait up to 4 months!! So London obviously waited for about 4 months before they forwarded my prints to RCMP.

Is there anything I can do as I can't believe I'm going to have to wait 8 months for a check which they told me would take 60-90 days.

At this point its looking like the process is going to take about a year from start to finish.

hello! and bugger!! what a shame it took them so long to get there act together and send them off!..who by the way is them..>?? your consultant ..or cic..?? etc..

either way ..if the RCMP people have not long recieved them there is probably nothing you can do about it. you will have to wait unfortunately. i can tell you tho that the average time seems to be around the 8 week period.......i am presuming you have had your medical done aswell..?? is a shame you didnt' know that you could send everything in at the time of your applying.....that is your police clearances and your medicals..?

however..i wish you luck and all the best..hopefully you will hear from them very soon. sounds like you are on the downhill run now.....
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hello! and bugger!! what a shame it took them so long to get there act together and send them off!..who by the way is them..>?? your consultant ..or cic..?? etc..

either way ..if the RCMP people have not long recieved them there is probably nothing you can do about it. you will have to wait unfortunately. i can tell you tho that the average time seems to be around the 8 week period.......i am presuming you have had your medical done aswell..?? is a shame you didnt' know that you could send everything in at the time of your applying.....that is your police clearances and your medicals..?

however..i wish you luck and all the best..hopefully you will hear from them very soon. sounds like you are on the downhill run now.....
thanks. by 'them' I mean CHC (London).

I did send everything in at the time of applying ie. medical, UK police check. The thing is it said you only need a RCMP check if they request it. It appears most people don't get asked for this but I was one of the unlucky ones. I wish I had pre empted this and got it done in the beginning to be on the safe side though.

I think I will email CHC and see if they can get my RCMP check speeded up a bit. I can't get over the fact that they told me the check would take approximately 60-90 days and then they waited for 4 months before they sent it off!! :curse:

Hopefully they will have pity on me and put me at the front of the queue. not holding my breath though!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

thanks. by 'them' I mean CHC (London).

I did send everything in at the time of applying ie. medical, UK police check. The thing is it said you only need a RCMP check if they request it. It appears most people don't get asked for this but I was one of the unlucky ones. I wish I had pre empted this and got it done in the beginning to be on the safe side though.

I think I will email CHC and see if they can get my RCMP check speeded up a bit. I can't get over the fact that they told me the check would take approximately 60-90 days and then they waited for 4 months before they sent it off!! :curse:

Hopefully they will have pity on me and put me at the front of the queue. not holding my breath though!
gosh that is a real shame! esp when you have done what you deem to be the right thing.

i do see this a fair bit tho. and it is somewhat confusing. because from what i am hearing it isnt' very clear about what is required.

however from what i have experienced and seen on this web site...anyone who is applying for PR has to submit police clearances for ANY country they have lived in for 6 mths or more Before the date of submitting their application.

but it is done now..and yes i dont' think it would hurt to ask them nicely IF they could in some way get things speeded up...i don't like your chances of them being able to do anything ..but you just never know....fingers crossed for you....>> .xxxxx xxxxx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:34 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nightmare!?! Please Advise

In order to speed the process for spouses the CIC does a name check for RCMP criminal records. Fingerprints are only requested when the name check is positive - usually some other person with the same name has a record and the fingerprints are used to confirm or deny. As a spouse it should take less time than 4 or 5 months. A pain in the rear for those unlucky enough to have a common name.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
In order to speed the process for spouses the CIC does a name check for RCMP criminal records. Fingerprints are only requested when the name check is positive - usually some other person with the same name has a record and the fingerprints are used to confirm or deny. As a spouse it should take less time than 4 or 5 months. A pain in the rear for those unlucky enough to have a common name.
Jim,

Do family class applications take priority over other checks at RCMP?

cheers.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:46 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

spouses do.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
spouses do.
A word to the wise, anyone who requires RCMP fingerprints in Canada should use a service with electronic fingerprint capture, and you should have the results in 72 hours (claimed) http://www.commissionaires.ca/servic...rprinting.html
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

A word to the wise, anyone who requires RCMP fingerprints in Canada should use a service with electronic fingerprint capture, and you should have the results in 72 hours (claimed) http://www.commissionaires.ca/servic...rprinting.html
I think its only possible to get this done in Canada though. When I went to get my fingerprints in the UK they said they are only allowed to take electronic prints if you have actually committed a crime.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

in hindsight..i think if i had been in canada for more than 6 months..i would get the clearance done anyways...because..IF they do want them it is another hold up in the process. and it is not a quick process with the RCMP's..unless you do the electronic ones...just my thoughts on it.

we've seen a couple of people on here now who needed to get them done because of the request, by cic for whatever reason.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM

i have just booked flights to go to Canada this Sunday to see my OH (only £280 which I was quite impressed with!). The only reason I didn't do this sooner was because I thought the process was going to be finished soon.

I just called the Commissionaire and they have said I can go and get my prints taken digitally once I'm there. All being well London should have the results within the next few weeks. I hope I can get them to acknowledge them once they arrive and I won't have to wait for a BF date a few months down the line.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

i have just booked flights to go to Canada this Sunday to see my OH (only £280 which I was quite impressed with!). The only reason I didn't do this sooner was because I thought the process was going to be finished soon.

I just called the Commissionaire and they have said I can go and get my prints taken digitally once I'm there. All being well London should have the results within the next few weeks. I hope I can get them to acknowledge them once they arrive and I won't have to wait for a BF date a few months down the line.
that is wonderful..have a lovely reunion with your loved one.

and that was great advice PMM gave..i must admit i had forgotten about the electonic fingerprints!!