In the nick of time

Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default In the nick of time

Just received my WP extension which was due to expire tomorrow. Submitted on 31st August.

While speaking to the consultant, she mentioned that it was lucky that I was able to use the HRSDC exception route otherwise processing times via Service Canada are 23 weeks at the moment
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the nick of time

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Just received my WP extension which was due to expire tomorrow. Submitted on 31st August.

While speaking to the consultant, she mentioned that it was lucky that I was able to use the HRSDC exception route otherwise processing times via Service Canada are 23 weeks at the moment
Well done mate.

If your WP did come late wouldn't you have been ok on "Implied Status" though?
I was under the impression that if your paper work is with CIC and your WHV ran out you could stay on "Implied status". You know.........."Carry on as usual until the decisions is given"
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct. I could have worked on with implied status, but the big problem was that I wouldn't have been able to leave the country for a friends 50th celebrations back in the UK.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct. I could have worked on with implied status, but the big problem was that I wouldn't have been able to leave the country for a friends 50th celebrations back in the UK.
Ah that makes sense. Which reminds me, it is my mum's 50th in March too. I am trying to get some documentation on Implied status to give my boss should the wortst happen. Any ideas? I am doing the PNP route. I have 5 months left on my Bunac WHV.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Phew

Although I think the LMO time is nearer 25 weeks!

Relief! and congratualtions!

Gryphea
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:00 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Well done mate, pleased for you.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
Phew

Although I think the LMO time is nearer 25 weeks!

Relief! and congratualtions!

Gryphea
I can confirm that - 25 weeks + 1 day for me so far.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

i just got my lmo through i have only been waiting since the 17 october 2007 is this because i am in construction
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by redarmy990
i just got my lmo through i have only been waiting since the 17 october 2007 is this because i am in construction
Probably, because there is a list of occupations under pressure which are fast tracked. For Alberta it is at http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...bouplist.shtml
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Probably, because there is a list of occupations under pressure which are fast tracked. For Alberta it is at http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...bouplist.shtml
that's not the case. Occupations under pressure are not fast tracked. However a number of companies have blanket LMOs pre-approved and this is how they get fast tracked.

Gryphea
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gryphea
that's not the case. Occupations under pressure are not fast tracked. However a number of companies have blanket LMOs pre-approved and this is how they get fast tracked.

Gryphea
Overall process is faster because company either only has to have an ongoing advertising recruitment campaign or has to advertise the job only for 7 days on the provincial job bank.

Or if you have one of these professions (sigh!!) LMO will take about 1 week under a pilot project.

Carpenters
Crane Operators
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendants
Hotel Front Desk Clerks
Food and Beverage Servers
Food Counter Attendants
Tour and Travel Guides
Registered Nurses
Dental Technicians
Pharmacists
Snowboard and ski instructors
Retail Sales Persons and Sales Clerks
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:44 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roxye3
Ah that makes sense. Which reminds me, it is my mum's 50th in March too. I am trying to get some documentation on Implied status to give my boss should the wortst happen. Any ideas? I am doing the PNP route. I have 5 months left on my Bunac WHV.
You can actually get your work permit issued at a port of entry - check out live-to-ski's recent posts and you should be able to get an idea.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bazzz
You can actually get your work permit issued at a port of entry - check out live-to-ski's recent posts and you should be able to get an idea.
As long as you have the LMO (if necessery) plus any other supporting paperwork to proove education, etc. Port of entry applications seem to be frowned upon by the immigration officers (at least in my experience), so the phrase "at the discression of" seems to take on new meaning.