Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Next steps on applying for PR under BC PNP

Next steps on applying for PR under BC PNP

Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

marrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Next steps on applying for PR under BC PNP

Hello Everyone,

We are finally landed in Canada on a temporary workpermit under BC PNP. As the employer needed me quickly I've to arrive here on Temporary workpermit.

Now I need to apply for PR using the BC PNP. Where to Post my application? Most of them seems to be sending it to Buffalo.How can I check this out?

What documents do I need to attach with the application? Do I have to send the PCC now?

I appreciate you help.

Thanks
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:00 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Next steps on applying for PR under BC PNP

All this information is in the pack you will have been sent to advise you that your PNP application was successful. If you need more details you can email or phone your specific PNP case officer - I found mine very helpful.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
All this information is in the pack you will have been sent to advise you that your PNP application was successful. If you need more details you can email or phone your specific PNP case officer - I found mine very helpful.
Dito to Ski Bunny.

It took a little while for all the info (in the form of a small rain forest) to come through the mail after we were faxed the initial certificate.

I found BC PNP to spell everything out, and be more useful than an immigration lawyer but don't get me started on that!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys,

Thanks for answering. My situation is a bit different.

As my employer needed me quickly I applied for a workpermit and arrived in Canada on Temporary work permit.

On the CIC web site it's mentioned that I can apply for PR from the country of Nationality or where I am admitted more than 12 months.

I am an Indian passport holder, so it's illegal to post passports in and out of country.

so rather than posting my paper work all the way back to India I was thinking to apply with in the country as I am legally admitted for more than 12 months.

And to avoid any consequences of posting my passports or traveling all the way back.

Please advice. Much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

I can only answer based on my experience of being a Brit in Canada on a WP first BUNAC and then a LMO exempt one via BC PNP.

We applied to Buffalo for PR, and then had our file transferred to Seattle, where we had the option to travel down from Vancouver after the PPR.

I would suggest waiting for the BC PNP forms to arrive. They will say where you should send your application. If you are still confused then speak to your case officer at BC PNP. I'm pretty sure we had a name and direct phone number provided with all our paperwork.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:19 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

When you say you have your temporary work permit under BC PNP I am assuming you already applied for PNP and have been approved...yes?
When you were notified of your approval you would be sent a bunch of paperwork including your PNP certificate and letter of issuance for your work permit. This tells you all the information you are seeking - how, when and where to apply for PR - and gives your PNP case officer's email and phone number for further questions.

If you somehow have a temporary work permit but have not submitted your PNP application, then you must do this before you can apply for accelerated PR via PNP sponsorship. You can just apply for normal PR without PNP but it will take longer.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

air3973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marrie
Hello Everyone,

We are finally landed in Canada on a temporary workpermit under BC PNP. As the employer needed me quickly I've to arrive here on Temporary workpermit.

Now I need to apply for PR using the BC PNP. Where to Post my application? Most of them seems to be sending it to Buffalo.How can I check this out?

What documents do I need to attach with the application? Do I have to send the PCC now?

I appreciate you help.

Thanks
Hi Marrie:

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions about your case. I am a BC PNP applicant as well and currently waiting for the approval of my nomination. Like you, I'd like to start working even before I get my Permanent Resident status. With that, I'd like to ask the process you went through to get your work permit. Did you process your work permit in India? I hear some people say they go to Canada on a TRV (tourist visa), then get their WOrk Permit at the port of entry, carrying with them their Nominee Certificate as supporting document for the Work permit application. I hope you can enlighten me about how it's really done.

Also, I'd appreciate knowing your timelines...how long did the whole process take from application to when you got your Nominee Certificate. Thanks so much!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Yes I received my PNP approval and a supporting document for my work permit.

I applied for the Work permit visa while I am in India attaching my PNP sponsorship letter. They issued a work visa for 2 yrs.

At the port of entry (for us Toronto) the immigration officer issued a work permit for the same durartion.

I just got a reply from my case worker stating that he will be transferring my file to Buffalo. and asked me to post my PR application to Buffalo. Not sure if it will have any adverse effect on my application.

The only thing I am waiting is for my Indian PCC, I applied for the nearly a month and half ago but not received them so far.

Probaly I will send my application to Buffalo with my UK PCC and attach a letter about Indian PCC.

Please let me know your Opinions..
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

We were in Canada on BUNAC work permits when we did BC PNP.

We applied to Bufallo with our UK PCC as we hadn't received them back. We attached a covering letter and included the fact that we would send the Police Certs off as soon as they were back.

The idea being that we wanted to get our PR in line.

I'm pretty sure that we got our Medical Requests before we had sent our PCC off.

As soon as we did get UK PCC back from Scotland Yard we sent them off. Just make sure that you include all relevant / reference numbers so they can easily add them to your PCC to your file. I think I put our BC PNP certificate number and our client number off our Work Permits.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Live to ski do you required to travel to Buffalo? or everything went smoothly with out an interview?

It will be bad if I am called for an interview as I need to get a US visa. And I am not sure which way to proceed.

I will just post my application to Buffalo and wait.

appreciate your help.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

We live in Vancouver. It seems not unusal for people who live in Vancouver / Victoria etc. and submitted to Buffalo to have their file transferred to Seattle (have a look at my timeline).

We were issued PR without interview, and used FedEx to send our passports to the Seattle office.

But we had to do a swing round the flag pole to get officially land, which for us involved a trip to the Peace Arch boarder, and stepping into the US and turn immediately turning round to come back to Canada.

I'm really not sure how all of this would work for someone who may not be able to enter the US.

Probably best to speak with your case officer at BC PNP.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by air3973
Hi Marrie:

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions about your case. I am a BC PNP applicant as well and currently waiting for the approval of my nomination. Like you, I'd like to start working even before I get my Permanent Resident status. With that, I'd like to ask the process you went through to get your work permit. Did you process your work permit in India? I hear some people say they go to Canada on a TRV (tourist visa), then get their WOrk Permit at the port of entry, carrying with them their Nominee Certificate as supporting document for the Work permit application. I hope you can enlighten me about how it's really done.

Also, I'd appreciate knowing your timelines...how long did the whole process take from application to when you got your Nominee Certificate. Thanks so much!
It took about 4 months to get my PNP approval and another month to process my work permit in India. Because of Christmas holidays etc it took longer in my case.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

air3973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks marrie...I hope you get to settle your PR status soon. Good luck!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

jogi34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Marie

I read your posting here and I would like to know about your work permit in Delhi. Did immigration officer called you for interview? police check and medical. or just they issue you the visa after applying. I am asking that i have been selected for the BC PNP and my employer wants me to join quickly. Please respond based on your expeirence.
jogi
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

jogi34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Marrie

I am in delhi right now. I would like to ask you some questions hope you will guide me. I alongwith my employer in Vancouver had applied for BC PNP and received approval after 6 months effort. Now they also sent us the letter for work Permit. What is the process of Work Permit, after submitting application,

Did they called you for interview? if yes what all they ask?
Did they ask for Police Clearance Certifaction?
Did they ask you for Medical?
How long it took you to get the Work Permit visa here in Delhi?
Looking forward for positive and immediate response
jogi

Originally Posted by marrie
Hi,

Yes I received my PNP approval and a supporting document for my work permit.

I applied for the Work permit visa while I am in India attaching my PNP sponsorship letter. They issued a work visa for 2 yrs.

At the port of entry (for us Toronto) the immigration officer issued a work permit for the same durartion.

I just got a reply from my case worker stating that he will be transferring my file to Buffalo. and asked me to post my PR application to Buffalo. Not sure if it will have any adverse effect on my application.

The only thing I am waiting is for my Indian PCC, I applied for the nearly a month and half ago but not received them so far.

Probaly I will send my application to Buffalo with my UK PCC and attach a letter about Indian PCC.

Please let me know your Opinions..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.