Next Steps

Old Oct 16th 2014, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

sazzle.pops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Next Steps

Hi all,

I was wondering if you can help me.

I'm arriving in Canada on the 2nd November on an IEC 12 month visa, I am now 31 so there is no way of being able to apply for a 2nd year, unless they increase the UK age limit, which is highly unlikely.

I'm looking at routes at which I can get a longer/permanent visa, I had originally planned going down the FSW route, however after sending of my post graduate diploma to be assessed I was advised that it was not recognised and is seen as semester credit (I did the 2 year course as an intensive 11 month study option).

I work in Marketing and have been offered a permanent full time job as an email coordinator and start work on the 11th November and I just wanted to know they type of options available to me.

As I wont have done 12 months employment I couldn't go down the CEC

The only options I think I have available would be the PNP or LMO, id rather go down PNP and get permanent residence, would the same thing happen regarding my qualifications if I go for PNP?

Are there any other routes I could look at I am going to have to act pretty quick upon arrival as there is no way to extend the IEC?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 2:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Steps

Sounds like you've understood your options, PNP or LMIA (and then FSW) are really the only ways to go.

You've not mentioned which province you're going to, but hopefully there's a PNP stream that will suit.

Good luck.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

jayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you did have the 12 month skilled work you would have to stop working while your CEC(pr) application is in process as there is no implied status with IEC, your best bet is PNP or lmia as stated above, best of luck!
Old Oct 17th 2014, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

sazzle.pops is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help and clarification, i'm going to be in BC

Ill talk to my employer when I arrive and see if they will support me through PNP.

Thanks
S
Old Oct 17th 2014, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sazzle.pops
Thanks for your help and clarification, i'm going to be in BC

Ill talk to my employer when I arrive and see if they will support me through PNP.

Thanks
S
Do be aware of the processing times then, you'll need them to get an app off asap as it's currently taking 8-9 months just to get to nomination stage.

Good luck.