Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Newbie - Question re visa timelines

Wikiposts

Newbie - Question re visa timelines

Old Jan 6th 2013, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

dannycanyon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie - Question re visa timelines

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

Apologies if I am sending this query in to the incorrect location.

As I you can tell from the subject heading, I am new to this site.

My wife and I applied for Canadian permanent residency visas a while back. We were informed that the process would take 18months all in, but as Im sure may have happened to a number of other people, this didnt turn out to be the case.

So we are sitting on our hands waiting to hear something positive..... not good for someone as impatient as myself. :-/

I checked the CIC website recently and it shows the following latest details:

'Your application and supporting documents were received by the London' England office. They are pending review.

and then

'Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 24, 2012'

Could anyone out there provide some feedback with regards their experiences and how long you think we may have to wait to hear some positive news (at this point any news would be a blessing)

There are so many waiting times bandied about, but I am not sure if this is from the receipt of application initially, or to London Office etc...

Thanks very much in advance, any help much appreciated

D
Old Jan 6th 2013, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie - Question re visa timelines

What programme are you applying under? FSW??? If you gave a little more information it might be useful. Look at my signature for an idea of timeline as we are on a similar timescale for you (if you are FSW Cat1)

Good luck,

Jane
Old Jan 6th 2013, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi.

Yep, FSW.

this is my timeline to date (based on what details CIC have)

We received your application for permanent residence on May 5, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 18, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 24, 2012

Its been a while...:-/
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dannycanyon
Hi.

Yep, FSW.

this is my timeline to date (based on what details CIC have)

We received your application for permanent residence on May 5, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 18, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 24, 2012

Its been a while...:-/
A far as I know, people in that timeline (such as us) are generally still waiting. Did you get a "wait 6-12 months" letter?

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a review of all MI1 files and applicants got either a wait 6-12 months letter or a refusal letter. If your ECAS shows as in process then presumably you got the wait letter?

When was your AOR?

People in the AOR received Aug/Sept 2010 are now seeing movement.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696959

Our AOR was much later, so we went down another route (PNP) and are now past meds and awaiting PPR.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:34 am
Just Joined

thanks for this.

Unfortunately our AOR is July 8, 2011.

So it doesn't look good....

Question is whether it is worth going down another route, or if we should just sit tight.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for this.

Unfortunately our AOR is July 8, 2011.

So it doesn't look good....

Question is whether it is worth going down another route, or if we should just sit tight.
Your AOR is only a little behind ours. If we hadn't gone down the PNP route, I would at this point in time be sitting tight, but no-one knows how long the wait will be.

If you might qualify for a TWP that could be worth looking at, while you are waiting for PR.

You could look into other PR routes, but bear in mind how long they will take to process. Our PNP hasn't been fast (nor cheap) - we needed 2 visits to NS, the first of which was summer 2010. We started the application process in August 2011 and are still waiting....
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks again, we shall sit tight for now, bizarre feeling putting your life on hold for so long..

Just 1 more question. Is there anything to be read in to the fact that we have not been rejected yet..?, or after all this time I assume it is absolutely possible that they may turn around and reject the application...?

Thanks

D
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again, we shall sit tight for now, bizarre feeling putting your life on hold for so long..

Just 1 more question. Is there anything to be read in to the fact that we have not been rejected yet..?, or after all this time I assume it is absolutely possible that they may turn around and reject the application...?

Thanks

D
Did you get the "wait" letter saying "it has been reviewed by an officer and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time"?

If so, we have read that to mean the application has been assessed as having sufficient points.

But you still need to pass medicals and security.

Subscribe to this thread, people on this thread are more in line with your AOR, so you could post to this and see if anyone has seen any movement, although many of them also post to the Aug/Sept AOR thread and have said they are still waiting.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705685
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks Kaye,

Yes, I did receive this letter. So I guess that is my partial good news for the day. At least I know I have enough points....

Now just to wait for the updated documents etc....

Does anyone else worry that the medical is going to fail as it shows up massive high blood pressure problems.... caused by having to put up with this process....

Either way, thanks again for all the help. Good luck with your application
Old Jan 7th 2013, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Kaye,

Yes, I did receive this letter. So I guess that is my partial good news for the day. At least I know I have enough points....

Now just to wait for the updated documents etc....

Does anyone else worry that the medical is going to fail as it shows up massive high blood pressure problems.... caused by having to put up with this process....

Either way, thanks again for all the help. Good luck with your application
Ha ha! Yes, I think the medical asks somewhere about stress, which of course we weren't until we started all this.

I think I'm past stressed. Now more like just bored.

Thanks for the good wishes - keep an eye on the two threads I gave you, they will give you some indication of how things are going. Good luck also!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:35 am
EOI Submitted 28.12.21

kellywalsh22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi -

Ecas showed the same for us but in May 12 - reviewed and in process-

We didnt hear anything from them until they sent an email in Oct saying we had missed our deadline for an update on some forms (however they then also realised that we had changed our address) so gave us an extension to send them in by the end of Oct. - - - they possibly send us a letter back in May/JUNE but to the wrong address.

im not sure why they asked us to update the forms as they were exactly the same bar change of address - - they told us they would get back to us within 3 months

Ive never had an AOR (dont even know what this is)

as you i am sooooooooooo fed up of waiting - REALLLLY hope we hear something soon x
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Everyone recently has been asked for updated forms as some of the forms have changed slightly over the last year or so, so I shouldn't worry about that.

Hope you hear something soon.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:29 am
EOI Submitted 28.12.21

kellywalsh22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to update-- I had my Medical requested today so u should hear something ASAP xxxxx---- mega excited xxxxx (although heart attack with the prices I've been hearing)