Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

a newbie need help....on NOC 7242.....

a newbie need help....on NOC 7242.....

Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

ramzy2277 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a newbie need help....on NOC 7242.....

Hi all,

I am a new member her, but been looking for such a forum in FSW immigration stuff for some time.

I have an inquiry for those who are experienced and familiar with FSW 1 please,

i have applied for FSW 1 on 21 december 2011 to CIO ,and got my PER on 24 th FEB 2012, i work as electronic technician on an oil rig but the NOC 7242 is about Industrial electrician, the rules written on my job duties doesnt really match that on the NOC 7242 duites.....but minor duties are match,......what is my chances in going through this FSW.....please advise.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a newbie need help....on NOC 7242.....

Hi

Originally Posted by ramzy2277
Hi all,

I am a new member her, but been looking for such a forum in FSW immigration stuff for some time.

I have an inquiry for those who are experienced and familiar with FSW 1 please,

i have applied for FSW 1 on 21 december 2011 to CIO ,and got my PER on 24 th FEB 2012, i work as electronic technician on an oil rig but the NOC 7242 is about Industrial electrician, the rules written on my job duties doesnt really match that on the NOC 7242 duites.....but minor duties are match,......what is my chances in going through this FSW.....please advise.

If you don't match the majority of the main duties, then I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Especially if your duties mirror 2241 Electronics Technician.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

PMM,

thanks for ur reply......i can understand ur point of view and i am also not relying on this application that much but wonder why did CIO give me PER if my job descrition is not a match to NOC 7242.

by the way,,,let me correct myself....my job title is Instrumentation technician which have NOC 2243, i have gone through the details of 2243 and found out this:

apprentice industrial instrument mechanic
apprentice instrument mechanic
control technician, nuclear generating station and heavy water plant
heavy water plant control technician
industrial instrument mechanic
industrial instrument panel repairer
industrial instrument technician
industrial process control equipment repairer
instrument maintenance mechanic
instrument mechanic – utilities
instrument technician, industrial
instrumentation and electrical technician, industrial
instrumentation technician, industrial
mechanic, industrial instrument
nuclear generating station and heavy water plant control technician
nucleonic controller repairer
precision instrument mechanic
process control equipment mechanic
process control equipment repairer
repairer, industrial process control equipment
repairer, nucleonic controllers
service technician, industrial instruments
service technician, process control equipment
technician, industrial instruments

those are job titles that match.....aslo for ur consideration hope u can see the match between job descriptiong of 7242 and 2234

Main duties

Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics perform some or all of the following duties:

Consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing
Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts
Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications
Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports
Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes
Consult with and advise process operators.

Main duties

Industrial electricians perform some or all of the following duties:

Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.

what u think plz PMM...

THANKS
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:08 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you don't match the majority of the main duties, then I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Especially if your duties mirror 2241 Electronics Technician.
I would have said the same, if you don't match them, no chance. That said you have PER! Perhaps the resident expert Mr Jim Humphries will be along soon and give us his professional opinion. No piss take, I really do value your opinion JH. fletch
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

hmmmm.....strange then whats the use of PER if my job duty dont match that of FSW NOC 7242
Old Mar 20th 2012, 10:28 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ramzy2277
hmmmm.....strange then whats the use of PER if my job duty dont match that of FSW NOC 7242
Its my understanding that the PER is not a confirmation that they accept that you fit the application criteria, but instead is confirmation that they have recieved the documents that form the application in full. Detailed checks of your job descprition/duties/experiene will now be undertaken over the next 9 months and only then will you get a better picture of your position.
Sorry if this isnt what you want to hear.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nrh1981
Its my understanding that the PER is not a confirmation that they accept that you fit the application criteria, but instead is confirmation that they have recieved the documents that form the application in full. Detailed checks of your job descprition/duties/experiene will now be undertaken over the next 9 months and only then will you get a better picture of your position.
Sorry if this isnt what you want to hear.
I think I have to disagree with you on that one, based on the following paragraph from the PER letter we received:

"Based on a review of the information you have provided. your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and blah blah blah"

That to me says they are ok with the job stuff.

Presumably the op has the same letter as us?

Dave.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:05 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Though this would depend on the information supplied to back up his claim of being eligible under NOC 7242 - if his reference letters etc back up this claim then he is likely to be successful.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:21 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
I think I have to disagree with you on that one, based on the following paragraph from the PER letter we received:

"Based on a review of the information you have provided. your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and blah blah blah"

That to me says they are ok with the job stuff.

Presumably the op has the same letter as us?

Dave.
Hi Dave.
what you are saying makes sense, the op will jsut have to keep his fingers and toes crossed.. seemed to work for me!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Yes ....i have the same letter of PER....but i know alot of my friends who got PER and 2AOR then got rejected from visa office bez of job not matching NOC,....thats why i am over thinking about the result and how to enhance my case........in practise i do work in electrical equipments as well as electronics but in my job duties the HR only mentioning the electronic side intensively....i am thinking to talk to my direct supervisor and ask him to write down the electrical work i perform at the oil rig.........and hope the HR will approve and stamp it.......my question is if i can provide such updated job description without request from visa office and they found out it got new lines written would they discard it and dismiss my case...!!