Newbie here and on the move

Old Dec 30th 2016, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie here and on the move

Originally Posted by AshMyl
Well folks, Out with the Old, and in with the New!!

Just completed all the docs, paid the relevant fees and got all documentation ready to pop in the post.. Now the waiting begins... and then to see our names appear on the spreadsheet...
PS - not sure what you mean by 'pop in the post'. You can of course send it normal Royal Mail, but personally I would recommend using a proper courier (e.g. DHL, FEDEX, UPS etc.) as they tend to be much quicker and will track your parcel all the way abd provide proof of delivery - all for about £GBP60 - peanuts given all you have probably spent so far and what you will later spend on medicals etc.

Your call of course!
Old Dec 31st 2016, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
PS - not sure what you mean by 'pop in the post'. You can of course send it normal Royal Mail, but personally I would recommend using a proper courier (e.g. DHL, FEDEX, UPS etc.) as they tend to be much quicker and will track your parcel all the way abd provide proof of delivery - all for about £GBP60 - peanuts given all you have probably spent so far and what you will later spend on medicals etc.

Your call of course!
Yes, you got it right. Pop in the Post means to mail it off. I hadn't thought of using a courier. Previoulsy I had used Royal Mail International Track and Trace for Tax items in Canada. They are around £17 or £18 I believe and I havent had any issues to date.

Thanks for the thought. I might consider it now
Old Dec 31st 2016, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you got it right. Pop in the Post means to mail it off. I hadn't thought of using a courier. Previoulsy I had used Royal Mail International Track and Trace for Tax items in Canada. They are around £17 or £18 I believe and I havent had any issues to date.

Thanks for the thought. I might consider it now
I mention it as I used Royal Mail track and trace. It only tracks up to the point of putting the parcel on the plane at Heathrow. Then it disappears and is only updated again when delivered to Mississauga - which in my case was three weeks later.

Your call of course.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

So, checked out and courier with 2 day delivery is only £7 more than Royal Mail, so off it goes. Got package addressed to

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners and dependent children (currently living outside Canada):
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

then noticed at bottom

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

so.. question is.. which one should I address to, or put both address on it? Sounds a dumb question I know.. but I am not wanting this to go astray!

A
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 6:32 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

If you're using a courier where it needs to be signed for, then you use the second one. A PO Box cannot sign for a delivery.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you're using a courier where it needs to be signed for, then you use the second one. A PO Box cannot sign for a delivery.
Thanks for that.. Ready for off tomorrow..
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.. Ready for off tomorrow..

I would suggest that you read all the forms you filled out again - from the back to the front. I found little mistakes I had made when I did. Also suggest getting someone else (spouse?) to double check the accompanying documentation and cross check everything with the document checklist to make sure it's included.

Good luck with your application!
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

I would suggest that you read all the forms you filled out again - from the back to the front. I found little mistakes I had made when I did. Also suggest getting someone else (spouse?) to double check the accompanying documentation and cross check everything with the document checklist to make sure it's included.

Good luck with your application!
I second this. I lost two weeks, and another courier fee, because neither my partner nor I caught that in one of the forms, he had transposed our names, so the wrong one was listed as PA/sponsor. Simple errors that you just glide over after seeing the details of your lives in black & white so many times.