Newbie and confused ????

Old May 13th 2009, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Jolee7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie and confused ????

Hi there everyone,
I have been lurking on the boards for some time now reading the posts and have finally bit the bullet and filled out a FSW cat 1 Visa application which is almost finished.
I have everything in check thanks to the information on these boards and in the wiki, just one query and it's probably just me being really thick!!!
I am not understanding how to work out the visa fees.
We are a family of 5 myself my husband who is the main applicant and 3 children under the age of 22.
I understand that the application now goes to Sydney Nova Scotia but am unsure what I need to send with the initial application regarding fees and then also what amounts are due if we get through to the next stage before visas are processed
I have had a look on the boards and cannot seem to be certain on what's what
Apologies if this has been answered before but just need to make sure I send the correct amount
Kind Regards
Jo
Old May 13th 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Newbie and confused ????

Here you go

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/efee/efee.do?lang=en

So by my calcs;
To Sydney NS
2 adults = [2 x 550] + 3 children [3 x 150]

Plus
[2 x 490] for the permit once you've been approved
Old May 13th 2009, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for clarifying this I had thought that was how it was but just wanted to double check
So for the second payment of 490 do we not have to pay anything further for the children after the first stage ???
Not that I am saying that I want to pay anymore cause I'm struggling to find the fees as it is
Can I also just ask is the money taken straight away if paid via certified cheque ???
Never used this method before and I know for this particular application you cannot pay online
Don't want to send off if the funds are not secure in my account first
Many thanks for teh response, hopefully I will be ready to send off any day soon
Jo
Old May 14th 2009, 12:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jolee7
Thanks for clarifying this I had thought that was how it was but just wanted to double check
So for the second payment of 490 do we not have to pay anything further for the children after the first stage ???
Not that I am saying that I want to pay anymore cause I'm struggling to find the fees as it is
Can I also just ask is the money taken straight away if paid via certified cheque ???
Never used this method before and I know for this particular application you cannot pay online
Don't want to send off if the funds are not secure in my account first
Many thanks for teh response, hopefully I will be ready to send off any day soon
Jo
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and best of luck.

Not cheap this emigration malarkey is it?!? Don't forget to add on another £1000 or so for medicals for the 5 of you and $22,831 for proof of funds as well.

And that's before the actual move which seems to be costing us a small fortune!!

Old May 14th 2009, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Yeah many thanks I'm glad to be here I think ???
I have just had reality check I think as I have just starting really digging into what type of costs are really involved We have money invested and equity in our property etc so it's just a matter of pulling it all together to tray and make our dream come true.
I hope to make many more friends on here as like I said I have been lurking for a while but really finding it very helpful and informational.
Take care
Jo
Old May 14th 2009, 12:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have just had reality check I think as I have just starting really digging into what type of costs are really involved
Short answer - lots! If it helps at all, we're a family of 4 and pets, and our total costs will be around £20,000 (not including the proof of funds which we'll need on top of that).

Hope the forum helps, it's been invaluable for me and I hope it is for you too.

Best of luck with the rollercoaster journey but remember to ask on here if you have any questions as there will always be somebody with the answer. And if you haven't already discovered it yet, the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) is full of useful info. It even has a good 'to do before you leave' list which may be useful!

Old May 14th 2009, 12:58 am
Just Joined

many thanks
Another quick question if you know it I'm not sure what Visa application you are going for ?
But for a FSW cat 1 do I need to send photos in at the first stage or is that something that they will ask for at a later date ???
Bloody hell 20 grand better go and get myself a secondary job or failing that go and speak with my parents really nicely
Jo x
Old May 14th 2009, 1:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Another quick question if you know it I'm not sure what Visa application you are going for ?
Neither am I! We were going on a TWP (company transfer for hubby) but his job is on the list of 38 so he'd qualify as a Skilled Worker, we're currently debating whether to do that instead. Not decided yet though!

Not sure about the photos question but you might find the answer if you search the forum (top right), or hopefully somebody else will know.