Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Newbie - with an application to Canada

Newbie - with an application to Canada

Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

ellisba is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie - with an application to Canada

Hi All,

My name is Antony currently living in the UK but with a dream to move to Canada, Toronto to start with but love Oakville!

I've submitted an simplified application and have now received a application registration number. Now waiting for more information to be requested.

Wondering if anyone have been through this new process and can help me prepare and ensure I submit the right information to be successful.

Thanks in Advance..
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:12 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbie - with an application to Canada

Hi antony and welcome to BE

What line of work are you in?
and what makes you want to move to canada????

If you are not going over on a job offer and waiting in line for the simple application to go through you culd be there in 5 years time, sorry but that is what the experts are saying.

The quickest way over is by getting a job!!!!

Look at the wiki, some great advise on there

Hope you enjoy the mad house of BE!!!!!!

Gill
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Hi Gill,

Thanks for the welcome, as I have been looking for an informative site like this for ages!

Anyway I'm an IT professonal working with BT for 27 years (yes!!) Had enough of this country.

A close friend moved to Toronto over ten years ago and I been visting Canada every year (sometimes twice a year) since 1999.

I love the people, the culture, the way I say it is " Canada has the best things of the US & UK but without the attitude".

As a person of colour there seems to be more opportunities and acceptance for ethnic groups there.

I've registered to various job search sites for IT positions and scanning the opportunities available ( there is definitely work there).

Mainly I would love for my daughter to grow up there, she's 8 and loves the place.

I will be in Toronto on the 19th Aug with my little girl for the second time this year.

I have a consultant as a rep for my application hopefully to help it along.

Thx
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:31 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

well done

If you can get the job offer and a posative labour market approval then you get over on a temp visa and then wait for yor PR

We are off to london, ontario on the 10th august (for 2 weeks) and cant wait
i have a daughter 9yrs and she is the same, loves the place.

Hubby is sitting his electricians licience exam and has some interviews to attend, so we are hoping that one may be a posative offer, esp if he passes the exam.
Have you tried rogers, i hear that they are after quiet a few different job specs at the moment?
Good luck, remember only a job offer can speed up that applicaton

Gill
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks Gill,

I have looked at the telecoms companies and will be sending in my CV to various companies to hopefully put me on there books so to speak.

Have a great holiday.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:42 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

hello welcome to mad house
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the welcome, it reminds me of being in Canada the people are just so warm and friendly.

I'm at work and just can't leave the forum, just getting so many interesting viewpoints from persons within and wanting to move to Canada.

Cheers