New system vs old

Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

treble99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New system vs old

Hi all, I have a SW application for PR with an AOR of Nov 2007. My occupation is an electrician which is currently on the list of occupations in demand. I am getting very fed up with the constant waiting so was wondering if it would be worth withdrawing my current application and re-applying with the new style? Does anyone have any idea whether this would get it approved any faster, or am I better off sticking to where I am now?

Cheers.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

jugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nice
Default Re: New system vs old

We have had the same thoughts, many times...OH is also an electrician and we applied Oct 07. Hopefully we should hear something in next few months according to current timelines on Trackitt.

Only reason we stuck with the 'old system' was the uncertainty that if we withdrew the application, there was no guarantee under the new system we would ever get a visa, due to the fact they could limit the number of applications to be processed under certain occupations at any time and possibly return applications. As we understand it, under old system as long as you have the points and pass the medical then a visa would be issued.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by treble99
Hi all, I have a SW application for PR with an AOR of Nov 2007. My occupation is an electrician which is currently on the list of occupations in demand. I am getting very fed up with the constant waiting so was wondering if it would be worth withdrawing my current application and re-applying with the new style? Does anyone have any idea whether this would get it approved any faster, or am I better off sticking to where I am now?

Cheers.
Keep in mind that the list of occupations is about to change. Before you withdraw your current application make sure you are on the list.

You may want to follow the thread at:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659730

Ray
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

treble99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, just another thing to think about I guess! Surely they wouldn't be taking a construction trade off the list though would they? I'm always hearing about how desperate they are for them over there. I was just trying to figure out if there was a way to get there faster as I have a girlfriend who's Canadian, we've been dating since 2004 and I've been going there twice a year since then and I'm just getting really anxious to get over there to be with her permanently. I've looked at the other categories of visa but I don't think I qualify for them sadly.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 5:17 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by raymasa
Keep in mind that the list of occupations is about to change. Before you withdraw your current application make sure you are on the list.

Ray
You can have a pre C-50 application and a post C-50 application (list of 38)going at the same time. You don't have to withdraw the other until one makes it to the processing stage. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob101.asp

"8) Can applicants have both a pre-C-50 FSW application and a C-50 application?

Yes, applicants may have multiple FSW applications. The applicant can choose to either maintain the first application and submit a new C-50 application with a new processing fee; or withdraw the first application and submit a C-50 application. If an applicant chooses to withdraw their pre-C-50 application before processing begins, they will receive a refund.

Missions should inform applicants that they cannot advise whether the original FSW application or the C-50 application will be a faster process. Missions should avoid recommending a particular course of action to applicants. "
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

Hi There

I remember feeling exactly as you do about 12 months ago and i really wish i had withdrawm my application and reapplied in the new system. I applied March 07 sent updated docs in June & Yes still waiting for medical request. I think it would have all been done & dusted if I'd done that. Its easy to say in retrospect though, you just have to keep hoping that letter is in the post hey.
Good luck!

Justie
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:11 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justie
Hi There

I remember feeling exactly as you do about 12 months ago and i really wish i had withdrawm my application and reapplied in the new system. I applied March 07 sent updated docs in June & Yes still waiting for medical request. I think it would have all been done & dusted if I'd done that. Its easy to say in retrospect though, you just have to keep hoping that letter is in the post hey.
Good luck!

Justie

Blimey! Still waiting for meds!! I'm starting to to hope the letter lands soon and I haven't had half your wait. Really hope that they come sometime very soon for you
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:15 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by raymasa

Ray
Ray,
thanks for the info, from the link I read that the consultation period ends mid April. If anny changes apply I,m guessing they wont be immediate or applied retrospectively, therefore if I get my initial App into Synbdey in the next 4-6 weeks I,m guessing I'll be processed under the current list which as Construction/Project Manager/Engineer I,m in.

Comments welcomed.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Buchan6
Ray,
thanks for the info, from the link I read that the consultation period ends mid April. If anny changes apply I,m guessing they wont be immediate or applied retrospectively, therefore if I get my initial App into Synbdey in the next 4-6 weeks I,m guessing I'll be processed under the current list which as Construction/Project Manager/Engineer I,m in.

Comments welcomed.
From what I understand (only from reading on this forum) is that application submitted before the changes will be processed under guidelines in place at the time the application is received by Sydney. So, if your application is received by Sydney, before the changes, those changes won’t affect your application.

Ray
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ray,

Comments welcomed.
I'd agree that it will take them at least a couple of weeks to collate the information and announce the new list but bear in mind that the minute they announce it it takes effect, so are you prepared to risk it? They could announce it the day after the consultation period ends for all we know!! It certainly won't be applied retrospectively though.

If you want to be safe, I'd get your application in before 16th April, especially as your occupation is one of the ones that is considered by many to be at risk and likely to come off the list.

Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

We are getting very nervous...... can't apply until 23rd April.

Missed out last time as waiting to get enough points before List came in. Then lucky enough to be on List, but not one year's experience!!

Losing the will if we miss out for a second time....especially by only a week.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:50 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'd agree that it will take them at least a couple of weeks to collate the information and announce the new list but bear in mind that the minute they announce it it takes effect, so are you prepared to risk it? They could announce it the day after the consultation period ends for all we know!! It certainly won't be applied retrospectively though.

If you want to be safe, I'd get your application in before 16th April, especially as your occupation is one of the ones that is considered by many to be at risk and likely to come off the list.

thanks for the info. Do you have details of those roles people feel
may be dropped ?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You have to also remember that the present C-50 system with the "list" was announced in Feb/08 but the list was not announced until Nov/08. Any applications submitted after Feb/27 were effected by the "list"
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info. Do you have details of those roles people feel
may be dropped ?
It's really just guessing, nobody can tell you for sure. Most experts I've spoken to seem to think that healthcare occupations (nurses etc) are the ones most likely to stay on, but IT Managers, Constructions Managers, Lecturers, Cooks, etc, will be the ones that get removed.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:44 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

It's really just guessing, nobody can tell you for sure. Most experts I've spoken to seem to think that healthcare occupations (nurses etc) are the ones most likely to stay on, but IT Managers, Constructions Managers, Lecturers, Cooks, etc, will be the ones that get removed.
Then I need to get my construction manager application in asap !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.