Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NEW TO SITE - CURRENT TIME SCALE FOR FROM UK

NEW TO SITE - CURRENT TIME SCALE FOR FROM UK

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Bob Khag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW TO SITE - CURRENT TIME SCALE FOR FROM UK

Im sure this has been logged many times before, but I am still finding my way around this site.

What is the average time to receive a PR through the Skilled Immigrant method. I was born, live and work in the UK.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW TO SITE - CURRENT TIME SCALE FOR FROM UK

Approx 8 months.

And welcome back to the forum.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:06 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Approx 8 months.

or years if you are Christmasoompa
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Hi, 8 months approximately under the pre-June 26th system.

For post June-26th applicants the process may be quicker since there is now no 120 day phase since all documents are sent with the initial application. Nobody really knows since there's been very little communication to post-June 26 applicants (only a couple of failure letters we're aware of).

Anyway it looks likely that the process will be at least slightly quicker but will have to wait and see.

If you are thinking of applying I would book an IELTS as very soon as possible, since you are likely going to have to wait 1 month or more to get onto a testing day, and then 2 weeks for the results.

Best of luck!
Wayne.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
or years if you are Christmasoompa
Eh? My own SW PR application hasn't taken any longer than anybody elses?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Approx 8 months.

Wow you remember me from before?

8 months seems really quick, they last time I applied it took over 2.5 years as the point systems had moved up and then down again, so the office had to re-open all the old files hence the wait - and why i gave up.

Now 3 kids later Im looking in to it again.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob Khag
Wow you remember me from before?

8 months seems really quick, they last time I applied it took over 2.5 years as the point systems had moved up and then down again, so the office had to re-open all the old files hence the wait - and why i gave up.

Now 3 kids later Im looking in to it again.
No, I just looked at your previous posts - my memory is shockingly bad!

I assume that you are aware that big changes have taken place since you applied previously in 2003? So hope you are still eligible under the new criteria.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:38 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? My own SW PR application hasn't taken any longer than anybody elses?
lol what I meant was you are still not here.... or have you crossed the Atlantic now chuck ?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Tangram
lol what I meant was you are still not here.... or have you crossed the Atlantic now chuck ?
Ah, I see. Been there, done that, t-shirt etc, etc. You must have missed that edition of the 'Christmasoompa's personal life' newsletter.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 9th 2010 at 6:50 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm one of the few on this forum currently going through the new system, however I'm applying from inside Canada, though it seemed like the time scales outland and inland had gotten to be pretty much the same for everyone under the old system.

Not heard a peep from CIC yet.

I'm hoping 6-8months. I'm 23 and only have 1 years work experience (under a Work Permit in Canada) so I'm hoping there will be less background checking and what not, though I honestly don't know how much difference that makes.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:57 pm
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...21358&page=164

10 months (308 days - but a delay due to Christmas snow in UK and slow UK Police checks).

Good luck.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amrskipro

10 months (308 days - but a delay due to Christmas snow in UK and slow UK Police checks).

Good luck.

WOW thanks for the update, things have really speeded up from the last time I tried!!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

No, I just looked at your previous posts - my memory is shockingly bad!

I assume that you are aware that big changes have taken place since you applied previously in 2003? So hope you are still eligible under the new criteria.

Hi

The only change I can see from a SW application is that the points have now come down to around 67.

What else is required? Do I need a job offer too??
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:13 pm
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob Khag
Hi

The only change I can see from a SW application is that the points have now come down to around 67.

What else is required? Do I need a job offer too??
Not for Cat 1 - but an arranged job offer is worth an extra 10 points if you are worried about how they are going to assess everything else and think you may be close to the 67 line.

Make sure you read:http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674088

Because unlike the old system - unless you do have arranged employment (in which case you are Cat 2) then they are only considering Cat 1 applicants in these NOC codes.

Good luck
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:10 pm
JT1
Account Closed

JT1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amrskipro

Good luck.
How slow for the UK police checks? I'm holding off sending for ours as "they say" 2 weeks. I need to get FBI checks too and they can take up to 4 months, so would like the FBI checks to be well under way before send off the info to the UK.

Another quick question re the UK checks - we've lived in the US for 7 years now, but am assuming I put my last UK address on the form? Silly question I know and I have written to them about 3 weeks ago now asking this same question.
Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.