Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

new rules for PR application through PNP

new rules for PR application through PNP

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default new rules for PR application through PNP

December 1, 2011

CIC CHANGES PERMANENT RESIDENT APPLICATION PROCESS

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has changed how it processes permanent resident visa applications submitted by provincial nominees.

Effective Dec. 1, all provincial nominees must submit their permanent resident applications to CIC's new centralized intake unit in Sydney, N.S.

Other changes CIC has made to the permanent resident visa application process include:

•a unified document checklist for all provincial nominees, regardless of their country of residence. This checklist is online at CIC.
•Provincial nominees must include their processing fee at the time they send their application to the centralized intake office.
•CIC has introduced additional payment options for provincial nominee applicants, including credit card payment. For more information on processing fee payment options visit CIC.

Details on CIC's processing procedures of permanent resident applications submitted by provincial nominees are explained on its website at: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-application.asp.

This means, now education and work experience has to be another time proven, an additional travel form to be filled out...more hassle for the same thing...
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new rules for PR application through PNP

Already mentioned here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740664
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

oops, sorry in that case...I thought it was enough checking the first page for news...obviously things are moving fast on here
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hiya, thanks for this. Can i ask (or is it too soon to be known) does this mean things will take longer or potentially shorter processing times? Seems that it could potentially take forever if all are going to the one central place...or am i not thinking straight? Whats the rationale behind it?
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's the rather stressful part for all of us. No one is sure what it will mean. No one from the pnp program was aware of it. What it does mean is that now everyone has to fill out a travelform additionally and the requirement for employer letters format changed. Before you were through with proving all this once being nominated.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Thanks Manitobain, Im so surprised that no one was aware of it. Im a little confused, does it mean once you have your invitation to apply then all the information now goes there instead of (for example for me) the London England offices. Will they then request you do a medical and have to send the results to Canada and passports there (assuming they approve your application in the first place) or does it mean they do this part and then its passed back to the country your applying from?
I know, too many questions...sorry . I didn't notice the employer letter format had changed but did notice the travel document. I wonder do i have to fill in all the travel between England and Ireland that I have done as well as holidays . Best get checking back and making a list .
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Violet

it's just what they do..these unannounced things..not the first time. Guess if they would announce it ahead of time, too many ppl would try to go with the old system still?
Your invitation to apply to PNP you got when visiting. You then send the application off to them online..right? Sooo, when you get your Nomination Letter, instead of naming London as responsible for the rest...they will tell you that things need now to be sent to Sidney, NS. As far as I understand the process, Sidney will do check for completeness...I am not sure what else...but eventually it gets send to the London office. I don't know at this point from where they will ask for medical check..but it doesn't really matter, as you still can do this in the country you are in. If they use email to tell you, it really doesn't matter. I am assuming that it will be similar to the FSW fast track, which is as well going to Sidney. Does it go faster? Honestly, I can't imagine. Just one more bureaucracy step in between? Sigh..I am not impressed at the moment.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manitobain, thanks again, I guess its just one of those things. Its probably put in place with the intention of making things easier somewhere along the process so I guess its just a matter of doing it and waiting to see what happens. I guess its also not too bad getting everything out of the way - paperwork - in one hit. Might as well just look on the bright side, you never know it might end up being super speedy and wonderful and shock us all
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol I like your positive attitude Violet ...we only can learn from you