New PR Card

Old Sep 6th 2016, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

expor83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New PR Card

Hey,
So I did my PR finalization on June 14th (at an office in Halifax, Canada) and my partner did hers around the 5th July (when she re-entered Canada after a vacation)

My partner got an email about 2 weeks ago to say her photos had been refused and she'd need to re-send, she did this the next day, and today she got her PR card through the post)

I'm a little confused why mine still has not come through (6th September today) but hers came today after being 2 weeks after my finalization AND needing to redo her photos.

Any thoughts if I need to worry about mine being lost or not processed? is there any point me trying to call for info or do I just need to sit tight and wait it out? We are both heading back to the UK for Christmas (while there is still 3 months until we'd fly, I'm just concerned that mine might have got lost) is anyone aware if they'd be able to let me know if they have posted it?

Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2016, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New PR Card

Send a Case Specific Enquiry:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...671.1470284890

Processing times for a new PR card are currently showing 41 days:

Check application processing times

Even if you add in the additional 6 weeks mentioned I think your timeline exceeds that (or almost).

If I had to guess, if your photos were the same spec as your partner's spec and maybe to the old spec, that may be the hold up. I read (somewhere) that they can produce the new PR card with the old spec photos but as we know they sometimes ask for new ones. Someone I know got their card eventually after six months having had an old spec photo (who was not asked for new photos).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 6th 2016 at 5:58 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Snowy, I've submitted a CSE will see what comes back, hopefully it's not been lost!
Old Sep 6th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You may get a non-committal reply and advice to get a PRTD if abroad without one, but on other hand, your card may just make an appearance in the not too distant future!

S
Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

yeah, honestly for something as important as a PR card (that lasts for 5 years) I'm shocked they don't inform you that it's been posted and do a recorded delivery, I'd happily pay the postage, it seems crazy that something that important can be trusted to a non-recorded postal delivery.

rant rant rant
Old Sep 11th 2016, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expor83
yeah, honestly for something as important as a PR card (that lasts for 5 years) I'm shocked they don't inform you that it's been posted and do a recorded delivery, I'd happily pay the postage, it seems crazy that something that important can be trusted to a non-recorded postal delivery.

rant rant rant
You'd also think for something as important as a PR card they would, you know, actually get it to you in a timely fashion in the first place like they would a passport. The timelines as of late are ridiculous. But this is CIC we are talking about, that would be too easy
Old Sep 13th 2016, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic, just got a reply:

"We have verified the status of your file and your permanent resident card has been issued on 2016/08/24. It was sent to the mailing address in your file.

If you did not get your card after six weeks have passed, please visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords. "

So tomorrow will be the third week, and need to wait a further 3 weeks for the post.... someone out there has got my PR card, fantastic.

So I get to wait another 3 weeks then go on their generic help website and type in 'keywords'.... so frustrating!
Old Sep 18th 2016, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

You're lucky, I've been waiting 17 months so far & just got a new photos request for the 3rd time.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you outside Canada or in Canada?
Old Sep 19th 2016, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Are you outside Canada or in Canada?
I was outside, now I'm inside (had to get a prtd) & they are just as unhelpful & incompetent on the phone as they were through case specific emails. I spent an hour on the phone to them when I got here a few months ago trying to find out what was wrong, they didn't know & told me to wait for more information. This week I get a request for more photos, yay.

I don't know whether to send the spares of the last ones I sent (which were done in accordance to their specifications) of pay out for more.

Old Sep 19th 2016, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Get up to date photos which this time will be taken in Canada at London Drugs or similar. It will be clear your photos have been taken in Canada because the photographer is required to put their details and the date on the back.

S
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Get up to date photos which this time will be taken in Canada at London Drugs or similar. It will be clear your photos have been taken in Canada because the photographer is required to put their details and the date on the back.

S
Yeah thats what I was thinking, the whole thing has just been so frustrating, it was easier getting PR than getting this