New PR Application from the UK

Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:27 am
Just Joined

mike canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New PR Application from the UK

Hi all,

I'm about to send all my papers for PR (Skilled Worker) to London, UK and have a couple of queries some of you may be able to help me with (please!):

1. I have read elsewhere on this forum re: queries on photos and how to satisfy the criteria - are the new style passport photos OK ? (from the machines in many public places)

2. I have also read that to state 'United Kingdom' any where on my forms is not specific enough - need to say whether England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland: anyone had any experience ?

3. On the form 'Schedule 3 Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Worker', Question 10 Funds it states the amount of funds you declare needs to be in Canadian dollars - I currently have allocated funding available but not yet in Canadian dollars: do I need to show I have converted it ?

Any ideas on current waiting times from London, UK ?

Any other last minute tips ?!

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:26 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New PR Application from the UK

Originally posted by mike canada
Hi all,

2. I have also read that to state 'United Kingdom' any where on my forms is not specific enough - need to say whether England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland: anyone had any experience ?
I didn't think I had done this and was getting slightly worried, however I have just checked the copies of our application and I did indeed list the country (ie Scotland, England etc). You may as well do that, as it will save you in the long run if they do pick up on it.

3. On the form 'Schedule 3 Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Worker', Question 10 Funds it states the amount of funds you declare needs to be in Canadian dollars - I currently have allocated funding available but not yet in Canadian dollars: do I need to show I have converted it ?
That is not what they mean. You just have to convert the amount of money you have in pounds and use a currency convertor to show how much this amount will be in CDN.

I had worked out that the length of time at the moment (and this may change next year) is approximately 13 months to medicals and then passport request shortly after.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

mikejw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New PR Application from the UK

Originally posted by mike canada
Hi all,

I'm about to send all my papers for PR (Skilled Worker) to London, UK and have a couple of queries some of you may be able to help me with (please!):

1. I have read elsewhere on this forum re: queries on photos and how to satisfy the criteria - are the new style passport photos OK ? (from the machines in many public places)

3. On the form 'Schedule 3 Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Worker', Question 10 Funds it states the amount of funds you declare needs to be in Canadian dollars - I currently have allocated funding available but not yet in Canadian dollars: do I
need to show I have converted it ?

Any other last minute tips ?!

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Hi Mike
we have just had our medicals so are quite near getting our visas.

1.U.K. photo booths are fine,the size is emphesised because booths in some countries do not comply with this.

2.You have got to state which 'country' you live in i.e. England,N.ireland,Wales etc NOT U.K.

CHC may sentdyour application back if you state U.K.
Having said this CHC often get your 'country wrong'.
My wife was born in N.Ireland but our file shows England.
I have been advised by my consultant that although this is wrong it can be changed at passport request stage rather than now.

People often cannot find there file on CHC website because this seems a fairly common problem,CHC making most people inside the U.K. ,English.

3.Pass

our timelines
AOR 7 may 2003
Medical requests :Late May 2004
Medicals completed : June 8th 2004

One tip. If your medical requests take longer than a year (probable) you will need new police checks done.
You could therefor could a[pply for new ones prior to your MRs.
Good luck
Mike