Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New photos request and outside Canada?

New photos request and outside Canada?

Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

gooodman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New photos request and outside Canada?

Due to some photos specification issue, I received a letter from Immigration Canada after nearly 3 months of landing requesting two new photos to be sent to the address stated on the brown self addressed envelope.

This letter was sent to my friends address in Canada(I provided this during my first landing) who has kindly posted this to me as I am currently in the UK.

1. Can I send the new photos to them directly from outside Canada Or Should I first send it to my friend in Canada and then request him to post it locally.

How does this matter for them anyway where the post comes from?

2. The photo specification guideline says..."be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable".

I managed to print the photos to the right dimension but used ASDA print service that has only two types of paper. one is a glossy finish in the front and the other matte. I have used the glossy front. However the backing looks the same with some watermarks of the paper make. I managed to write the date photo was taken as requested in one of the photo back in black biro pen and the backing retains well.

Is there a specific paper type that Immigration Canada is wanting to have?

thanks a lot.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

gooodman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New photos request and outside Canada?

Ok, I have now sorted the photos to specification and ready to post.

Has anyone posted these new pr photos directly from the UK to the Immigration Canada Photo card processing center located in sydney NS?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

jade77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New photos request and outside Canada?

hello goodman and any other good people out there willing to help

i'm in a similar situation - one daughter, hubby and i received pr cards, other daughter needs to have her photo retaken. and we're not in canada.

it's too early to know whether your photo was accepted - but did you come across anyone else who was in the same situation and who had a solution that worked?

did you opt to have the friend mail your photos in canada in the end?

any help is much appreciated, thanks
Originally Posted by gooodman
Due to some photos specification issue, I received a letter from Immigration Canada after nearly 3 months of landing requesting two new photos to be sent to the address stated on the brown self addressed envelope.

This letter was sent to my friends address in Canada(I provided this during my first landing) who has kindly posted this to me as I am currently in the UK.

1. Can I send the new photos to them directly from outside Canada Or Should I first send it to my friend in Canada and then request him to post it locally.

How does this matter for them anyway where the post comes from?

2. The photo specification guideline says..."be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable".

I managed to print the photos to the right dimension but used ASDA print service that has only two types of paper. one is a glossy finish in the front and the other matte. I have used the glossy front. However the backing looks the same with some watermarks of the paper make. I managed to write the date photo was taken as requested in one of the photo back in black biro pen and the backing retains well.

Is there a specific paper type that Immigration Canada is wanting to have?

thanks a lot.