Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New photos for PR card - Mr. Miller, could you please help

New photos for PR card - Mr. Miller, could you please help

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:23 pm
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New photos for PR card - Mr. Miller, could you please help

Hi,
I became permenent resident this year but had to leave a week later. My plan is to move to Canada in mid February but CIC has sent a letter asking to appear for PR photos on 11th of November. Would it be possible to delay submission of photos till mid February.
Thank you!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New photos for PR card - Mr. Miller, could you please help

Hi

Originally Posted by Johnson
Hi,
I became permenent resident this year but had to leave a week later. My plan is to move to Canada in mid February but CIC has sent a letter asking to appear for PR photos on 11th of November. Would it be possible to delay submission of photos till mid February.
Thank you!
Possible, but unlikely. If you have landed more than 180 days prior to February, when you intend to return, then you will have to re-apply for a PR Card anyway, as yours was not delivered. So write to the office that sent the notice and tell them when you intend to return. They might accommodate you.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:57 pm
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Possible, but unlikely. If you have landed more than 180 days prior to February, when you intend to return, then you will have to re-apply for a PR Card anyway, as yours was not delivered. So write to the office that sent the notice and tell them when you intend to return. They might accommodate you.
Thank you very much PMM. I landed in August this year. CIC letter states that I'll have to submit photos within 180 days from date of letter issuance i.e. October 31st. Do you think, I'll have to re-apply for PR card? Would it be considered newly landed PR card or re-issued one. thanks for your time.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Johnson
Thank you very much PMM. I landed in August this year. CIC letter states that I'll have to submit photos within 180 days from date of letter issuance i.e. October 31st. Do you think, I'll have to re-apply for PR card? Would it be considered newly landed PR card or re-issued one. thanks for your time.
It would be considered a new one, as the the original one (which without the picture has not been processed) It would be same as if you weren't able to give an address within a 180 days, the original one is destroyed and you have to apply for a new one.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Deej P is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife and I landed in July, I have receieved my card but my wife's photo's were incorrect.

We are currently in the US if the 180 days lapse for her to get there for new photo's to be taken does her entire Visa lapse?

We are meant to be going sking in Calgary in December, the 180 days won't have lapsed by then. Will we have problems getting into the country? We are UK nationals.

We applied for our PR cards with an Newfoundland address, can new photo's be taken at the airport in calgary?

Sorry, it is a bit disjointed but I have a very upset wife and CIC will not talk to me about her case and she is not avaible to call during the work day.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Deej P; Nov 9th 2007 at 1:43 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 2:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deej P
Hi,

My wife and I landed in July, I have receieved my card but my wife's photo's were incorrect.

We are currently in the US if the 180 days lapse for her to get there for new photo's to be taken does her entire Visa lapse?
Your visa is already used. Permanent resident status is not contingent on having a PR Card.

We are meant to be going sking in Calgary in December, the 180 days won't have lapsed by then. Will we have problems getting into the country? We are UK nationals.
With a return ticket and a British citizen passport you will have no problems.

We applied for our PR cards with an Newfoundland address, can new photo's be taken at the airport in calgary?
As far as I am aware, no. You will have to attend a CIC office. Or reapply for the PR Card when you return to take up residence.