Wikiposts

New Pass Mark?????

Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:12 am
Just Joined

star1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New Pass Mark?????

Hi,

Has anyone heard of the new law that will come in effect in November 2004, which state that the pass mark will be raised back up from 67 to 75??? I just heard this from my friend in Canada today.
Can someone pls confirm?

Thanks!!

Star1
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

viperrt10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Pass Mark?????

Not heard anything of that nature as yet. What was your friend's source?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:53 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by star1
Hi,

Has anyone heard of the new law that will come in effect in November 2004, which state that the pass mark will be raised back up from 67 to 75??? I just heard this from my friend in Canada today.
Can someone pls confirm?

Thanks!!

Star1
Heard that the pass mark is about to go up. Someone on here was saying 80! But I very much doubt that it will go up that much. I heard a figure of 72 floating about a few weeks ago, but it may have been a rumour.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

In this case, never only heard. It's a rumour! You have to actually SEE it. the right place to see it is at www.cic.gc.ca. No where else! You can help stopping the rumour by not spreading it around. We have many who have weak heart!

cheers

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Heard that the pass mark is about to go up. Someone on here was saying 80! But I very much doubt that it will go up that much. I heard a figure of 72 floating about a few weeks ago, but it may have been a rumour.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

star1 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry...I'm just so worried!!!! My friend heard it from his consultant in Canada. The consultant (quite a big firm in Canada) is pushing him and all the other clients to get their cases in by Nov. Hopefully this IS a rumor, 'cause if it does go up to 75, then no hope for me.

Does anyone know the history of the points requirement? Do they always change the pass mark every year???
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, please stop this nonsense!!
What do u mean get their cases 'in' by november?? even if they are 'in' they still wouldn't have an AOR, let alone an IA. When people like me are fretting so much after having done literally everything , gotten a positive IA etc due to immigration policy that seems to be so open ended, imagine the havoc you are causing to those who have only recently submitted their applications.

If you wanna wait till after november, do it.
If you its in your capacity to put your application 'in' in accordance with your consultant's suggestion, do it.

But please refrain from mentioning the term 'passmark increase' on this forum unless you hear it from CIC themselves.
I don't mean to be rude, its just that it tends to ruffle already edgy nerves
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:38 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentioned "consultant" is not only lying and using scare tactic to get clients to pay his bills but most importantly he intentionally is not telling those clients that it doesn't matter if they file their application before pass mark goes up or not. The law requires applicant to meet all selection criteria not only at the time of application but also at the time visa is issued - thus if pass mark changes (up or down) then not only new applications but also all still pending applications will be affected, regardless what was the pass mark at the time of application.

We had in this forum couple months ago a very long discussion that started with similar post to yours and issue was extensively discussed. We even had some anonymous poster (most likely representing "consultant" or "lawyer" who is using those pushy, scaring tactic) to argue here that current law can be defeated in the court.

The law is clear and is here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

So, don't panic and don't get ripped of by someone who is using lies and scare tactic to get your money.

When pass mark goes up then you will be affected by the change if your application will still be pending at that time, period.

Originally Posted by star1
sorry...I'm just so worried!!!! My friend heard it from his consultant in Canada. The consultant (quite a big firm in Canada) is pushing him and all the other clients to get their cases in by Nov. Hopefully this IS a rumor, 'cause if it does go up to 75, then no hope for me.

Does anyone know the history of the points requirement? Do they always change the pass mark every year???