NEW NOC LIST-Is our dream over?

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Greg Wellman is on a distinguished road
Default NEW NOC LIST-Is our dream over?

We have been trying to lodge our application to emigrate under Federal Skilled Worker for over 6 months. It has been returned 3 times due to a number of reasons. It was returned again today due to a credit card problem.(Thus payment could not be taken and application returned) As if these wasted months weren't bad enough, I now see there is a new NOC list, valid from 26th June. My partner (principal applicant) was applying under code 4131 College & Other Vocational Instructors. This is no longer on the list. I am totally gutted. Is this the end of our dream to move to Canada?
What is particularly galling is that on one occasion in February it was returned due to their error.(They said I had not filled in a 'use of representative' form- but we were not using any representative, and it clearly stated in the guidance notes that you only fill in the form if you are using one.) Can anyone help??
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:32 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW NOC LIST-Is our dream over?

Originally Posted by Greg Wellman
We have been trying to lodge our application to emigrate under Federal Skilled Worker for over 6 months. It has been returned 3 times due to a number of reasons. It was returned again today due to a credit card problem.(Thus payment could not be taken and application returned) As if these wasted months weren't bad enough, I now see there is a new NOC list, valid from 26th June. My partner (principal applicant) was applying under code 4131 College & Other Vocational Instructors. This is no longer on the list. I am totally gutted. Is this the end of our dream to move to Canada?
What is particularly galling is that on one occasion in February it was returned due to their error.(They said I had not filled in a 'use of representative' form- but we were not using any representative, and it clearly stated in the guidance notes that you only fill in the form if you are using one.) Can anyone help??
Not much to say really. You're now subject to the new rules, so wont qualify unless you meet the criteria.

Having said that, the forms really arent that difficult.....
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:35 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

...They said I had not filled in a 'use of representative' form- but we were not using any representative, and it clearly stated in the guidance notes that you only fill in the form if you are using one...
I can't help either other than to say that this could have been one of those rubbish rules of the forms where they tell you to not complete one part if not applicable, yet they don't accept it if it's blank.

The safest way to complete the forms are to leave NOTHING blank. If you don't need to complete a section, write N/A.

Bonkers.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jericho
Not much to say really. You're now subject to the new rules, so wont qualify unless you meet the criteria.

Having said that, the forms really arent that difficult.....
Gee thanks. If you complete the forms correctly first time they must seem a doddle. One tiny error or two can mean another 6 months or more. I did my best. Anyway, the answer may be through a job offer if my partner can secure one.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:06 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

What date did they try and take the credit card payment and were there enough funds in your account at that time - I am assuming they tried, the cc company declined because it was a foreign entity trying to take a large amount of money?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by el_richo
I can't help either other than to say that this could have been one of those rubbish rules of the forms where they tell you to not complete one part if not applicable, yet they don't accept it if it's blank.

The safest way to complete the forms are to leave NOTHING blank. If you don't need to complete a section, write N/A.

Bonkers.
Bonkers indeed. Which is what my partner will go when she comes home tonight to the news.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
What date did they try and take the credit card payment and were there enough funds in your account at that time - I am assuming they tried, the cc company declined because it was a foreign entity trying to take a large amount of money?
Thanks for replying. The truth about that is both frustrating and dull. I used my Marks & Spencer credit card number on the payment form. It turns out that for extra security, M&S policy is that your card has one number, but your statements show that you have a DIFFERENT account number. All my past credit cards and statement account numbers have been identical. Told you it was dull. Anyway, it didn't get processed for payment till July 15, so the application would have failed anyway as my partners Occupation is now off the list.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

If it's any consolation, we failed on our first attempt and was charged $1400 for the privilege

After the pretty aweful news, I hit the job market hard and secured a job in NS

So, for your FSW application you are probably done, but there are other ways (admittedly more difficult) if you are determined to make the move to Canada

Just how much do you want it ?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

You must have done something what prompted request for Use of Representative form - read this chapter of Immigration Manual to see what they are looking for to weed out undeclared representatives:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/ip09-eng.pdf

Using "blacklisted" mailing address, email or phone number or even using certain style of package preparation and presentation may trigger the request.

I used my Marks & Spencer credit card number on the payment form. It turns out that for extra security, M&S policy is that your card has one number, but your statements show that you have a DIFFERENT account number. All my past credit cards and statement account numbers have been identical. Told you it was dull.
I don't know how "dull" it is but when providing credit card number and it's expiration date one should always use info from the actual card in hand, not from the bank statement. All my Canadian credit cards' statements show different number than actual card's number, same with some of my American cards. On the other hand my Hong Kong bank cards numbers are the actual account numbers - how dull this is?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crazy72
You must have done something what prompted request for Use of Representative form - read this chapter of Immigration Manual to see what they are looking for to weed out undeclared representatives:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/ip09-eng.pdf

Using "blacklisted" mailing address, email or phone number or even using certain style of package preparation and presentation may trigger the request.

I don't know how "dull" it is but when providing credit card number and it's expiration date one should always use info from the actual card in hand, not from the bank statement. All my Canadian credit cards' statements show different number than actual card's number, same with some of my American cards. On the other hand my Hong Kong bank cards numbers are the actual account numbers - how dull this is?
Thanks. How simply an error is. First time I have experienced this and it has major consequences.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:26 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear that this has resulted in not being able to apply, how frustrating:curse:
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:30 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the end of our dream to move to Canada?
No.

Can anyone help?
You can help yourself.

Find yourself a job in Canada.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Hi

There's always some change along the way, never plain sailing.

I've been told that you should always fill in the blanks and I've always used my bank to write a cheque out in CAN $'s.

We've used a representative, but must say it's easy to fill in. However, it's been really handy having a lawyer. Things change so much while waiting for PR.

So glad our skills still in demand, for once no change there.

Angela
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by robert_masters
Hi

There's always some change along the way, never plain sailing.

I've been told that you should always fill in the blanks and I've always used my bank to write a cheque out in CAN $'s.

We've used a representative, but must say it's easy to fill in. However, it's been really handy having a lawyer. Things change so much while waiting for PR.

So glad our skills still in demand, for once no change there.

Angela
Thanks for your comments Angela. We're trying to find another way in. Our case is more complicated than most, and we really should have used a representative.
Onwards and hopefully upwards.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Location: unfortunately Edinburgh, but dreaming of a better life.
woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future

We are in the same boat as you. Hubby applied under NOC code 4131 and we were rejected due to our credit card not having 6 months left to run when they processed it (even though when they received the application it had more than that) plus we provided new card details as our old card was compromised. Oh..and hubby put his son down as non-accompanying as an additional family member, but they say we should have put him down as a dependant, even though we have no access to passport details, a recent photo and not a cat inh hells chance he would be allowed a medical!

We can't really look at securing a job as hubby still has 2 years left in the army so can't just give a month's notice so now we're now looking at the NS CI route. Where there's a will, there's a way!!.

Wozzie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.