New member alert with questions!!

Old Aug 27th 2014, 4:19 am
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future
Default New member alert with questions!!

Great website...and now onto our story,I am a canadain citizen just approved to sponsor my husband and his PR sent to London u.k on Aug 22/14.We are both in our early 50's so no dependent children involved.
We are going through a immigration lawyer who has been a godsend.My question #1..On my husbands PR application it asked for employment and address history for 10 years only,he has owned and lived in same house for 24 yrs(dates were put on application) he has worked for same employer for 21 years(dates were put on application)Are they going to send his application back as noted in some posts as you have to now do a history since age of 18.
Question #2...My husbands house has recently sold and he is hoping to come as a visitor beginning of Dec for approx 5 months,then back to uk for a visit and back to Canada till PR comes through.I see alot of talk about duel intent,can you tell me more and what documemtation my husband will need when coming to visit in Dec.

Thank you
Old Aug 27th 2014, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member alert with questions!!

I have to ask, does your immigration lawyer not know?

Someone on here will, I would just be guessing, so I will let them answer, it just seems like something they would have helped you with if you've already paid them, that's all.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 4:54 am
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

House has just sold in last few days,have e-mailed my lawyer this morning asking same questions,but thought I would ask on this forum too and get perspective on people actually going through process.Answers on here are straight forward but thorough and seem to be catered to a members specific questions.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:39 am
July 2014

How do you acess the spreadsheet to add my details?
Old Aug 27th 2014, 10:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debhinds
How do you acess the spreadsheet to add my details?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=396125530

Welcome to BE!

As it says on the spreadsheet, post to this thread with your details and ask to be added: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...42032/page635/

Originally Posted by debhinds
Great website...and now onto our story,I am a canadain citizen just approved to sponsor my husband and his PR sent to London u.k on Aug 22/14.We are both in our early 50's so no dependent children involved.
We are going through a immigration lawyer who has been a godsend.My question #1..On my husbands PR application it asked for employment and address history for 10 years only,he has owned and lived in same house for 24 yrs(dates were put on application) he has worked for same employer for 21 years(dates were put on application)Are they going to send his application back as noted in some posts as you have to now do a history since age of 18.
Question #2...My husbands house has recently sold and he is hoping to come as a visitor beginning of Dec for approx 5 months,then back to uk for a visit and back to Canada till PR comes through.I see alot of talk about duel intent,can you tell me more and what documemtation my husband will need when coming to visit in Dec.

Thank you
If your partner/spouse is waiting for PR they can enter Canada under dual intent, meaning that they are initially a visitor but with an application for PR in place they hope to be here permanently. They would need proof of the sponsorship approval (preferably), a copy of a screenshot of ECAS showing their progress and proof of paying the fees. They would need to confirm that they understand that if their application is unsuccessful they will be required to leave Canada, to confirm that they will not work and to show funds to prove that they can support themselves financially (or a letter of support from yourself). Airlines will require a return ticket as they have no status in Canada.

You can read more here: Temporary residents: Dual intent applicants

I am very suprised that your immigration consultant didn't inform you of London CIC's requirement to go back to the age of 18 - if we know about it here, how come he didn't?

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 27th 2014 at 10:58 am.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:09 am
July 2014

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=396125530

Welcome to BE!

As it says on the spreadsheet, post to this thread with your details and ask to be added: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...42032/page635/

If your partner/spouse is waiting for PR they can enter Canada under dual intent, meaning that they are initially a visitor but with an application for PR in place they hope to be here permanently. They would need proof of the sponsorship approval (preferably), a copy of a screenshot of ECAS showing their progress and proof of paying the fees. They would need to confirm that they understand that if their application is unsuccessful they will be required to leave Canada, to confirm that they will not work and to show funds to prove that they can support themselves financially (or a letter of support from yourself). Airlines will require a return ticket as they have no status in Canada.

You can read more here: Temporary residents: Dual intent applicants

I am very suprised that your immigration consultant didn't inform you of London CIC's requirement to go back to the age of 18 - if we know about it here, how come he didn't?

I have no idea,he reviewed all our applications and believe me we had to amend and update a few.I am going to review our application about that,maybe we did do "back to 18",but doubtful.A phone call to our lawyer tomorrow will be necessary.Once again a fantastic and informative site.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what your skills are, experience, education...

Have you had a read of the wiki?

It might also be worth starting your own thread, rather than adding questions to other unrelated threads. Best to keep your replies in one place
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:40 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
Depends what your skills are, experience, education...

Have you had a read of the wiki?

It might also be worth starting your own thread, rather than adding questions to other unrelated threads. Best to keep your replies in one place
It's called hijacking a thread and this poster has done this twice now !
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

4 times actually...

And now they've deleted their post because they received 'hate' apparently. Is it hiding somewhere? I don't see any hate, I was trying to help...
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Hate? I don't see any here. A little sarcasm possibly? Hijacking a thread isn't serious, just not considered polite. You weren't shown hate, just advised to start your own thread. Use the 'new thread' button to do that under the section you want to post in (likely this one I would think).

If you're going to accuse people of showing you hate so readily, you may struggle to find people responding to your questions for fear of offending you!
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:58 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by remysingh
And yes hate from simon legree. "Hijacking" a thread is it that serious lol
"Hate" ? What hate ? What absolute nonsense. Hijacking is considered bad manners. In addition, you will get more responses if you start your own thread instead of hijacking an existing one.