New LMO rules?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Default New LMO rules?

My company sent off for an LMO and they have come back after six weeks and said that they have been told that they now need a new requirement which is to advertise the role for 2wks on the Ontario job board. If anyone applies they have to be interviewed and reports written to discount them (an indeed if they are not satisfied the are not capable they have to offer my role to them!). I suspect that it is my mobility people that have made an error and not done this when it should have been in the first place but can anyone give me any insight? Is there some new LMO rules or is this an error on my companies part?

Thanks
Julie
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:59 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New LMO rules?

Originally Posted by Nibbles2005
My company sent off for an LMO and they have come back after six weeks and said that they have been told that they now need a new requirement which is to advertise the role for 2wks on the Ontario job board. If anyone applies they have to be interviewed and reports written to discount them (an indeed if they are not satisfied the are not capable they have to offer my role to them!). I suspect that it is my mobility people that have made an error and not done this when it should have been in the first place but can anyone give me any insight? Is there some new LMO rules or is this an error on my companies part?

Thanks
Julie
The requirement to advertise for 2 weeks has been around for a while.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Julie
Definitely an error on your companies part, I have no idea why they were not aware of it as proving they've advertised and that there have been no Canadian candidates is the main requirement for getting the LMO.

And the only thing that's new about that is that it used to be 3 months that the job had to be advertised for! It's recently been reduced to 2 weeks, but they still have to advertise it.

I actually thought it had to have been advertised 'across Canada' rather than just regionally, so I'd get them to check that just in case.

Good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:59 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Julie
Could it be that they actually intended to apply for an Arranged Employment Opinion instead of LMO? There is no requirement to advertise the job with this but it cannot be used to secure a work permit, only to support you application to immigrate permanently via the Skilled Worker route.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Thanks
Julie
Hi Julie,

We are waiting for the LMO, however like you we where informed 2 weeks ago that my OHs job had to be advertised locally and all results to be submitted to Service Canada for approval!! Basically, I believe if the employer does find someone else suitable then our dreams of Canada are well and truly over?
The job was originally advertised but given the current "down-turn" it seems they are scrutinizing everything??
Sue