Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New FSW rules - supporting documents question

New FSW rules - supporting documents question

Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

cheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant futurecheepnis has a brilliant future
Default New FSW rules - supporting documents question

oh well, not yet having the 2 yrs continuous experience needed by CEC, at least not til early next year, my OH ticks one of the listed occupations

since learning about the changes been combing through the documents. was wondering if anyone knows the answers to the following...

I read through the documents eg7 and 5612, the new process seems a lot lighter on the supporting documentation. i cant see any mention about employment references being asked for.

is the list in 5612 all you need, or will they ask for more stuff along with meds? if i have overlooked the section that mentions them, can someone point me to the right section

maybe a question for another thread but is it legit for me to apply for CEC next year if my OH's app in in the system?
Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: New FSW rules - supporting documents question

You are obviously not combing through the instructions carefully enough. CIC in the EG7, page 17, Step 1. Gather Documents states beyond any doubt:

Make sure to consult the document checklist (IMM 5612) and the Visa Office specific requirements (supporting documents) for your country at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-mission.asp
to determine what documents you will need to provide. If you are not prepared to submit full documentation to the CIO do not apply now.
If you do not submit a complete application with the supporting documents, your application will be returned to you.

The same requirement is stated at Step 3 on the CIC application kit for FSW page here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

3. Supporting documents
The additional documents requested in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific forms, are required when you submit your application to the CIO.

You need to "comb" through application kit, all guides, instructions, all relevant checklists (not only 5612) much more carefully than you managed so far.

I think you can apply under CEC later if your OH's FSW application is still in the woods.

Last edited by crazy72; Jul 4th 2010 at 3:02 am.