British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   New FSW forms are out (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/new-fsw-forms-out-795955/)

scribe123 May 3rd 2013 7:11 pm

New FSW forms are out

Just has a look and the document checklist is dated 05-2013!

Time to dive in!

scribe123 May 3rd 2013 7:12 pm

Re: New FSW forms are out

PS.

Who had 3pm? :)

lydiaparr May 3rd 2013 7:53 pm

Can I ask if you are sending the educational assessment in for a degree along with copies of certificates from colleges etc, do you need to send in certificates for your GCSEs.?
Hubby doesn't have his anymore and it didn't occur to us that we would need it.

Also as spouse do we need to send in my educational certificates when we don't get points for it anymore.?
It mentions it on the new document checklist,but I don't understand why.

Siouxie May 3rd 2013 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by lydiaparr (Post 10690919)
Can I ask if you are sending the educational assessment in for a degree along with copies of certificates from colleges etc, do you need to send in certificates for your GCSEs.?
Hubby doesn't have his anymore and it didn't occur to us that we would need it.

Also as spouse do we need to send in my educational certificates when we don't get points for it anymore.?
It mentions it on the new document checklist,but I don't understand why.

I think they are still using the old document checklist!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the FSW application pack see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

scribe123 May 3rd 2013 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by siouxie (Post 10690959)
I think they are still using the old document checklist!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the FSW application pack see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

It has been updated, but perhaps they didn't proof read it. Reading the section in question it does say 'if applicable', but does not state the rules for applicability.

joinerboy May 4th 2013 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by scribe123 (Post 10690863)
Just has a look and the document checklist is dated 05-2013!

Time to dive in!

All the best with your application and future move :fingerscrossed:

januarymix May 6th 2013 8:56 am

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 10691753)

Ditto, don't envy you but wish you well!

scribe123 May 6th 2013 11:06 am

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 10691753)

Originally Posted by floatsy (Post 10693959)
Ditto, don't envy you but wish you well!

Cheers guys. With the hammering my printer/copier has taken I wouldn't be surprised if it packed in half way through the last page :) but let's not tempt fate :blink:

One thing I have noticed is there seems to be a lot less activity on here around this year's FSW application. Usually there are a ton of people around this time of year gearing up. I haven't really been active here since Christmas, so perhaps active users are on the decrease anyway, which would be a shame as this forum is one of the most informative and a really good resource.

januarymix May 6th 2013 2:28 pm

Re: FSW activity perhaps but if it is true, then hopefully the chances are better for you. I think many people use another Canada visa site (I have not) but I have seen those threads run into hundreds.. TBH I have little faith left in the immigration aspects of Canadian FSW processes, and how it was handled. I also am reading a lot of anti immigrant/worker sentiment by Canadians also. But if you get in, that would be great, it's good to give what you want a go after all and it may come out tops. Cheers!

scribe123 May 6th 2013 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by floatsy (Post 10694468)
I also am reading a lot of anti immigrant/worker sentiment by Canadians also.

True, but my plan is to win the lottery the week after I land, buy a nice big place in Banff and put my feet up enjoying the scenery in the summer, and the skiing in the winter. :fingerscrossed:

That way I won't be taking anyone's job ;)

scribe123 May 7th 2013 12:55 am

Okay, application complete (I hope), checked and double checked.

It's 1:50am, so it's off to bed and I'll check it again in the morning before the FedEx guy arrives.

5 years of thinking about it, lurking on this forum, posting a lot, lurking some more and more posting. 2 years of frustration after gearing up twice before to apply (2011 NOC fills up, 2012 FSW closed), and now at least we have an application on it's way to Canada - or at least will if the courier doesn't mess up.

What a journey (and expense!!!), just to get to the point where we can start to wait the big immigration wait with fingers and toes crossed, praying to the god of CIC.

Man I'm tired :yawn: