Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New to Forum - PR application from within Canada

New to Forum - PR application from within Canada

Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Post New to Forum - PR application from within Canada

Hi,

I am Stephen, new to this forum. Larry2 already posted a link to my website www.stephenbottcher.net/imm.htm where I described my experience so far. My status is as follows:

Resident in Cambridge, Ontario since April 04, 3-yr work permit
Family of 4, relocated from Portsmouth, UK, of German origin
PR application November 04 in London
AOR December 04
Uuaaahhhhh, now waiting

Overall, it has been a very amicable integration process here in Canada, boys (age 14 and 18) are going to a local school (not that they like going to school ...), neighbours and collegues are friendly and open, my wife likes it here, the world is good, the snow is fun, -21C doesn't bother me.

When we landed, obtaining the necessary documents was our biggest concern, but it turned out to be piece of cake (thanks to months of study). I described the process on a dedicated website (www.stephenbottcher.net/imm.htm) step-by-step with a lot of links to official websites which explain in a lot of detail why things are the way they are. I'd call it "Landing and Immigration for Dummies". I am sure not everybody is as lucky as we were, but you should manage in roughly the same way. There might be some differences though if you land without a job in hand.

So, what else is new?

Stephen in Ontario