Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New to forum....and feeling helpless

New to forum....and feeling helpless

Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:31 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36
Dijana is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New to forum....and feeling helpless

Hello everyone. This is my first time on this forum - although I have been reading you all for a while.

This is my story. I got married on May 20th of this year to a Croatian citizen, but a permanent resident of Germany. I am a Canadian citizen, born and raised here (27 years). We sent our applications to Mississauga on June 10th (that's when they received the papers) and sent them off to Berlin on June 30th.

Since then, we haven't heard a thing. I'm sure you all know how frustrating it is, waiting for your loved one - and I never thought I would be this upset - but lately - it's been very irritating. I tried the e-client approximately 2 months ago - and the status showed in process. Now I know that e-client is very unreliable, but it's the only thing that is keeping me sane right now. I have tried to check the status about 101 times since then, and cannot log in. I don't know why. Does someone know what is up with this?

What are the current waiting times for Berlin? Has anyone had experience with them?

I also have another question in regards to entering Canada while awaiting PR. My husband has a multiple entry visa that is valid until December 31st 2004. Since we got married in Europe, my parents are throwing a reception for about 600 guests in Canada in November. My fear :scared: is that they will turn him away - which would literally make me insane.

I guess all I'm looking for is someone to reassure me that everything will be alright - even it being through this forum.

Thanks for listening.
Dijana is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2004, 12:14 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

It takes some time to process application, even with the highest priority given to spousal cases. Check processing times for spousal applications in concluded between July 2003 and June 2004 in Berlin here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...c-spouses.html

As you can see only about 30% cases were completed in 4 months and there were a lot of cases requiring a year or longer to complete.

The main cause for long processing time is background/security check and unfortunately for some nationals of former Yugoslavia countries it takes quite long time.



Originally Posted by Dijana
Hello everyone. This is my first time on this forum - although I have been reading you all for a while.

This is my story. I got married on May 20th of this year to a Croatian citizen, but a permanent resident of Germany. I am a Canadian citizen, born and raised here (27 years). We sent our applications to Mississauga on June 10th (that's when they received the papers) and sent them off to Berlin on June 30th.

Since then, we haven't heard a thing. I'm sure you all know how frustrating it is, waiting for your loved one - and I never thought I would be this upset - but lately - it's been very irritating. I tried the e-client approximately 2 months ago - and the status showed in process. Now I know that e-client is very unreliable, but it's the only thing that is keeping me sane right now. I have tried to check the status about 101 times since then, and cannot log in. I don't know why. Does someone know what is up with this?

What are the current waiting times for Berlin? Has anyone had experience with them?

I also have another question in regards to entering Canada while awaiting PR. My husband has a multiple entry visa that is valid until December 31st 2004. Since we got married in Europe, my parents are throwing a reception for about 600 guests in Canada in November. My fear :scared: is that they will turn him away - which would literally make me insane.

I guess all I'm looking for is someone to reassure me that everything will be alright - even it being through this forum.

Thanks for listening.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:22 pm
  #3  
Once bemused
 
Rhodes's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,010
Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

I would also add to this that my visa has been authorised (and I'm picking it up next week) and e-client is still showing 'In Progress', and has been since early June. I can also only log in using the Client Number - I can't get in using the File Number. It might be worth trying different ways.

Why would your husband be turned away if he has a valid multiple-entry visa for Canada?
Rhodes is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:51 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36
Dijana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I would also add to this that my visa has been authorised (and I'm picking it up next week) and e-client is still showing 'In Progress', and has been since early June. I can also only log in using the Client Number - I can't get in using the File Number. It might be worth trying different ways.

Why would your husband be turned away if he has a valid multiple-entry visa for Canada?
Well I don't know. I'm just afraid that they will see that he has immigration pending and they will not allow him in the country.

As for e-client, I have tried everything possible, and it still does not work.
Dijana is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:54 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36
Dijana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
As you can see only about 30% cases were completed in 4 months and there were a lot of cases requiring a year or longer to complete.

The main cause for long processing time is background/security check and unfortunately for some nationals of former Yugoslavia countries it takes quite long time.
Thanks for the link Andrew.

I should've clarified that although my husband holds a Croatian passport, he was born and raised in Germany. He is highly educated, has a very good job at a well known German automotive company and in no way was a part of the war in the former Yugoslavia. What I'm trying to say is that he has never lived in anywhere in the former Yugoslavia. His parents immigrated to Germany in the 70's.
Dijana is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2004, 2:46 am
  #6  
tep
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10
tep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

I have Croatian passport. Hopefully he is not gonna wait like I've been waiting. In spite of living in USA for while, security check takes forever. I was born there. Bad luck, I guess.
tep is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2004, 3:27 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36
Dijana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Originally Posted by tep
I have Croatian passport. Hopefully he is not gonna wait like I've been waiting. In spite of living in USA for while, security check takes forever. I was born there. Bad luck, I guess.
How long have you been waiting?
Dijana is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:41 am
  #8  
tep
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10
tep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Securty check started after interview was waived, 9 months ago
tep is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 12:42 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36
Dijana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Originally Posted by tep
Securty check started after interview was waived, 9 months ago

Are you being sponsored? Or working class?
Dijana is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 1:15 am
  #10  
tep
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10
tep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

No one wanted to sponsor me, so I sponsored myself: working class
tep is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 1:17 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36
Dijana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Originally Posted by tep
No one wanted to sponsor me, so I sponsored myself: working class
Jesi ista cuo? Jesu li ti javio ista?
Dijana is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 3:10 am
  #12  
tep
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10
tep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Jos uvjek nista. Iskreno, mislio da ce ici brze, ali sto mozes
Siguran sam da ce vas slucaj biti brze rijesen.
tep is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 9:30 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 36
Dijana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Originally Posted by tep
Jos uvjek nista. Iskreno, mislio da ce ici brze, ali sto mozes
Siguran sam da ce vas slucaj biti brze rijesen.
I ja se nadam na brzom rjesenju. Al sta ces. Prokleta zemlja. Mozemo i preko PM....ovih ovdje ce nas ubit...
Dijana is offline  
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:30 pm
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Canadiana's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver Island BC Canada
Posts: 23
Canadiana is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New to forum....and feeling helpless

Originally Posted by Dijana
Hello everyone. This is my first time on this forum - although I have been reading you all for a while.

This is my story. I got married on May 20th of this year to a Croatian citizen, but a permanent resident of Germany. I am a Canadian citizen, born and raised here (27 years). We sent our applications to Mississauga on June 10th (that's when they received the papers) and sent them off to Berlin on June 30th.

Since then, we haven't heard a thing. I'm sure you all know how frustrating it is, waiting for your loved one - and I never thought I would be this upset - but lately - it's been very irritating. I tried the e-client approximately 2 months ago - and the status showed in process. Now I know that e-client is very unreliable, but it's the only thing that is keeping me sane right now. I have tried to check the status about 101 times since then, and cannot log in. I don't know why. Does someone know what is up with this?

What are the current waiting times for Berlin? Has anyone had experience with them?

I also have another question in regards to entering Canada while awaiting PR. My husband has a multiple entry visa that is valid until December 31st 2004. Since we got married in Europe, my parents are throwing a reception for about 600 guests in Canada in November. My fear :scared: is that they will turn him away - which would literally make me insane.

I guess all I'm looking for is someone to reassure me that everything will be alright - even it being through this forum.

Thanks for listening.

My son (a Canadian citizen) married an English girl while he was living in the UK and it took over a year to process her papers for her to come to Canada as a landed immigrant.
It is a very time consuming process.

Good luck.
Canadiana is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.