new "Fast track" PR visa???

Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice
Default Re: new "Fast track" PR visa???

I did up to GCSE so I would say I am a little better than basic but I put myself down as no proficiency at all as I felt it was far too much hassle to book another test after I'd waited for a while to do the English test!

I've copied below the info I got from my immigration consultant anyway for you hope it helps

'ALL APPLICANTS are now required to submit the results of an approved language test in English and/or French with their initial application in order to receive points for language. This includes native speakers of English / French. A complete listing of English language testing center’s can be found online at www.ares.ubc.ca/CELPIP/index.html and at the website www.ielts.org You must take the "General Training" option, not the “Academic” option if taking the IELTS). A listing of French language centres may be found at http://www.fda.ccip.fr/'
Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by matt_t
Hi Waggle, i'm interested how you found out about the 7 months processing time for FSW apps after Oct 2010. I applied in March 2011 and have just completed med requests and wondering if i'm being over optimistic to get my visa by October this year.
Just going by average timelines of current applicants.

If you check out the canadavisa.com forum we have a thread and a spreadsheet where we discuss it all the time and keep each other updated:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...421.38175.html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CLDXsFA#gid=0

Newer applicants got their PER from CIO in 4 to 5 weeks, whereas July/August/Sep 2010 applicants were waiting 4 months or so, hence my belief that newer applicants will have reduced timelines.

Wayne.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:33 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

What I can't figure though is why people keep using the 'Fast Track' expression as if it exists and has magical powers.

In the push and pull of the world created by CIC I doubt if 'Fast Track' will ever be a reality, unless you compare some later applicants with the earlier really, grindingly, painstakingly slow processing times that existed in the past.

A reasonable processing time I'm sure we can all live with, but Fast Track? It's a pipe dream IMHO.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by james.mc
What I can't figure though is why people keep using the 'Fast Track' expression as if it exists and has magical powers.

In the push and pull of the world created by CIC I doubt if 'Fast Track' will ever be a reality, unless you compare some later applicants with the earlier really, grindingly, painstakingly slow processing times that existed in the past.

A reasonable processing time I'm sure we can all live with, but Fast Track? It's a pipe dream IMHO.
It did exist at one time for those already in the country with jobs already. London would bump you to the top of the list and the whole process done in less than 12 months (as opposed to the many multiples of years others were subjected to).
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:22 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soconnell74
It did exist at one time for those already in the country with jobs already. London would bump you to the top of the list and the whole process done in less than 12 months (as opposed to the many multiples of years others were subjected to).
Fair comment on the past maybe, but I don't see anything by way of reference to 'fast track' in any recent CIC information. I do recognise somewhat faster timelines due to the recent processing system changes being put into effect but not 'fast track' as a quicker method than any other available to normal applications.

My point is I suppose, that there is no holy 'fast track' grail of jumping the que, in the hope of somehow getting to Canada as a PR ahead of the rest of those going through the standard 50 or so recognised options available.

So, as per the title of this thread: new "Fast track" PR visa???

The short answer is no!

Last edited by james.mc; Jul 24th 2011 at 8:29 am.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by james.mc
Fair comment on the past maybe, but I don't see anything by way of reference to 'fast track' in any recent CIC information. I do recognise somewhat faster timelines due to the recent processing system changes being put into effect but not 'fast track' as a quicker method than any other available to normal applications.

My point is I suppose, that there is no holy 'fast track' grail of jumping the que, in the hope of somehow getting to Canada as a PR ahead of the rest of those going through the standard 50 or so recognised options available.

So, as per the title of this thread: new "Fast track" PR visa???

The short answer is no!
The process cannot really be called fast track when we have some March 2011 applicants already with medical requests yet some July 2010 applicants not yet in process. And that's just at one visa office.

And of course, it is even slow for those who applied under the previous ministerial instructions from Feb 2008 to June 2010. They are still called "Fast track" but the reality is that some of those will have to wait 2 years or more for their visa.

I guess CIC's priority should be to clear this massive backlog - a move helped by June 2010's MI's by severely limiting the number of FSW1 applications accepted, and this month by further reducing these for another year.

Once the backlog is finally clear, CIC need to be looking at turning applications around within 6 to 10 months, otherwise people's lives and plans change in such a way that they may no longer be in a position to emmigrate, and Canada stands to lose a lot of potentially skilled people to add value to its economy.

Wayne.